DPH42 Switch with HWS System

Don't count on the barrel color to determine frequency rating. I looked up the specific model of my blues and they were only guaranteed (tested) to 1 GHz.

So just to be on the safe side, I ordered some tested to 3 GHz. I will NOT be going back to existing connections and replacing them. They work. If it ain't broke....

Question about the Dish Pro Hybrid Switch, Model DPH42: All the diagrams show the power inserter between the "Receiver Satellite In port 1" of the DPH 42 and the DPH Solo or Duo Hub, can the power inserter be between the Hopper and the hub? From the DishDepot.com product installation requirements:

"The supplied power inserter must be connected to Receiver Satellite In port 1 of the DPH 42. The power inserter is required and is NOT optional. In a Hopper installation, the power inserter may be connected between the Hopper and the DPH Hub and/or a DPH Tap."

All our RG6 coax cables comes together in the attic (basements are rarities in south Mississippi) and don't really want to have a power supply transformer in the attic.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That's my maxim too. And considering the blue 1GHz connectors are drawing incoming fire, I'd hate to see what y'all would say about my TWIST on connectors!
Press on with pride TheKrell. If it works good, press on. I have a few T & B blues in my system and I am not worried about it.

Reactions: TheKrell
They'll be twisted off once you upgrade to the Hopper.

Ha! When I bought this house, I was really offended by big fat ugly black cable runs draped all over the outside of the house. I took them all down and rerouted them through some dead space behind the stairs from basement to attic and I've been happy ever since. I'm sure it's RG6, but I seriously doubt it has been swept to whatever the Hopper standard is.

I will not go back to bug ugly black cables draped all over this house.

Blue = Digicon DS6-11-05
Black is unmarked, but the bag says Perfect Vision. Now where have I heard that name before.....
:D

Can't upload picture from iPhone. Keep getting "not an image as expected."

Posted from my PC.

coax connectors IMG_4988.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)