DPP44 Switch = no diplexors?

diplex the line

One more question...

Can I put a diplexer on the line from my LNB to the DPP44?

Until I can get an electrician out to my new house, I only have two RG6s running from the outside to my wiring closet. Im willing to live with 110 and 119 (no 61.5) for a while, but I really need my OTA as well. So, Im wondering if I can diplex either the line from the 110 or 119 to the DPP44.

diplex the line after the DPP44 that comes into the house. Then you can split it after it comes in but before the sat separator.

diplex the line after the DPP44 that comes into the house. Then you can split it after it comes in but before the sat separator.

In case you havent read my story in another thread... I bought a new two-story house, on a concrete slab foundation, that was 95% complete. All the wiring and drywall was already installed. So, adding additional wiring is going to be difficult. Im not too keen on tearing into brand new drywall to run more wires right now. And I really cant have guys tearing into the house until I close on it. I would like to have some sort of TV up and running the day I move in.

The DPP44 will be in a wiring closet INSIDE my house. For the time being, I only have TWO RG-6s running from where the dish will be to the wiring closet. I would like to hook up my SuperDish (using 110 and 119 only for the time being) and diplex my OTA connection as well to one of these lines.

Will this work?

I ordered the diplexers today. So, I guess I can wait until they come in to try this out. I ordered the Holland DPD2s.

Where is OTA antenna?

In case you havent read my story in another thread... I bought a new two-story house, on a concrete slab foundation, that was 95% complete. All the wiring and drywall was already installed. So, adding additional wiring is going to be difficult. Im not too keen on tearing into brand new drywall to run more wires right now. And I really cant have guys tearing into the house until I close on it. I would like to have some sort of TV up and running the day I move in.

The DPP44 will be in a wiring closet INSIDE my house. For the time being, I only have TWO RG-6s running from where the dish will be to the wiring closet. I would like to hook up my SuperDish (using 110 and 119 only for the time being) and diplex my OTA connection as well to one of these lines.

Will this work?

I ordered the diplexers today. So, I guess I can wait until they come in to try this out. I ordered the Holland DPD2s.

Where is your OTA antenna. Is it outside or in an attic? You diplex it into the line coming into the house outside then in your case your can diplex the line out before the switch. You probably will need to replace the Super dish w/ the 1000+ depending if it works well in your area. Other wise you will need to keep the super and add a Dish 300 (or 500) for either 61.5 or 129 depending on which 1 that you need for the HD and other programming such as the sports or foreign channels.

Where is your OTA antenna. Is it outside or in an attic? You diplex it into the line coming into the house outside then in your case your can diplex the line out before the switch. You probably will need to replace the Super dish w/ the 1000+ depending if it works well in your area. Other wise you will need to keep the super and add a Dish 300 (or 500) for either 61.5 or 129 depending on which 1 that you need for the HD and other programming such as the sports or foreign channels.
Im well aware that I need 61.5 or 129. That will come in the future. I used the SuperDish for 100 and 119 because I have ZERO rain fade with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts