Dr. Emmett Brown says........

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The advert is extremely misleading to the average viewer, I don't know if that's a fact, but it might as well be.

The advert is extremely misleading to the average viewer, I don't know if that's a fact, but it might as well be.

Again, I am challenging you to tell me HOW it is misleading. Average viewer or not, it is either misleading or it is not. Explain.

So based on that argument, I think you are underestimating and disparaging most users; what facts do you have have of their personal knowledge or their ability to understand what they are reading? Or are you simply making assumptions on that too?

Maybe its the media that is having you believe that most people can't read, hear or understand? Why add or read into what is actually being said? I think the best bet is to comment on or report only the stated facts and not jump to conclusions about what others can an can't understand as opposed to trying to twist things to make them think they are reading/hearing anything other than what is really being read/heard.

"When that thing hits 88 mph, your gonna see some serious s***!!!"

Sounds familiar,maybe

"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re going to see some serious sh*t"?

What is that from? BTTF? i think that was the first time I heard a "cus word" on TV/movies.

Look, D* is probably losing HD subs to E* because they (E*) have more HD with their VOOM offering etc. D* has been promising more HD capacity for several years now and it looks like it will be at least 9 more months before they deliver. These announcements are holding tactics to try to get us not to swtich. By the end of 2007 D* should clearly be the HD leader in at least capacity if not content.

Having said that, there is a significant amount of frustrtations in the D* HD community over their offerings and PQ. Today is another disappointing day in the D* HD world after Scott G 's "failure to launch" after his 20 reasons message. What was actually said by D* was the same old stuff. So the normal D* HD malaise has been replaced by pure disappointment again.

That is a TERRIBLE analogy. You don't buy a cooler system UNTIL it is available. In other words, I didn't buy it when it held three bottles and am being fed a line of bull that it will hold ten at some point. D* is STILL giving us poofware and getting people to sign up for TWO YEARS on the "promise" that they will have these things using the weasel words of "capacity" and "up to".

I'm really surprised you don't see the difference.

You sure as heck wouldn't take a JOB where they said that the salary was UP TO a certain point now would you?

I was being serious, as it is nearly the same thing.

"I am currently set to release my cooler system in Q3 2007"

Advance press info of a yet to be released product or system; very much like the full 4 sat deployment by DirecTV.

"that will enable storage of up to 10 - 5 liter bottles"

Listing of its designed total capacity.

"up to 10 - 5 liter bottles"

Listing of items that may or may not exist at the time of my release, but at least I am designed to handle them, with my pre-announced capacity; if and when they arrive to the market.

It really is easy to see and understand what is being said, no more, no less.

D* is STILL giving us poofware and getting people to sign up for TWO YEARS on the "promise" that they will have these things using the weasel words of "capacity" and "up to".

you sure as heck wouldn't take a JOB where they said that the salary was UP TO a certain point now would you?

Poofware? They have always said that AFTER the new birds were up capacity would increase and HD offereings would increase.

And YES I have taken a job where my CURRENT employer said that my salary was up to a certain point.

All based on using the tools provided my employer and myself and the results I produced. No tools no results.

No new satellites (tools), no new channels (results). Are the launches going to be elaborate hollywood productions on a sound stage?

Scots, according to your argument every manufacturer of any product could be sued for false advertising.

Examples: I tried Axe when it first came out. I didn't have women falling all over me like they advertise. They owe me Millions for promising that would happen and it didn't.

I was told my blackberry would increase my productivity and make me more organized. It still hasn't filed a single sheet of paper since i've had it. I'm still waiting.

Oh, and to conclude that though, D* is using just enough weasel words to try and fool a lot of people. Otherwise they wouldn't try and hide it.

Thats the real problem here, as with the commercials as well, is people hear what they want to hear.
D* said up to 150 HD channels and most hear D* will have 150 HD channels.

Jimbo

That's really all I'm trying to say, is that people don't pay attention.

It seems to me that you are the one that hasn't been paying attention. Charper1 has been straight up in his comments. If you didn't understand what D* has been saying, that's not anyone's fault but your own.

That's really all I'm trying to say, is that people don't pay attention.

It seems to me that you are the one that hasn't been paying attention. Charper1 has been straight up in his comments. If you didn't understand what D* has been saying, that's not anyone's fault but your own.

Oh, I understood just fine. Just wait, if D* doesn't follow through there will be a class action law suit by a bunch of Bozos that said that D* tricked them, lied to them, misled them, whatever. And when you get someone into a two year commit, who do you think the state AGs are going to pay attention to? D* or the people that vote them into or out of office?

Let's get real.

If anyone is that stupid to think that D* will launch 150 HD channels after they get the new sats up they don't deserve an HDTV. Every ad I've seen seems to stress the capacity for 150, and besides, there aren't 150 HD channels yet, anywhere, nor will there be when D10 & D11 launch.

It is in no way false advertising. I deal with that crap all the time at my job. I can't help the fact that people refuse to pay attention to ads. Nothing makes my day more than embarrassing these idiots when I whip the "false ad" out for them to see. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and even I understood the ads. Then again I don't spend most of my time trying to screw companies out of money.

I'll address the hyperbole and the fault comment all at once, as they really are the same. I think D* is counting on people not listening and that they are counting on the exageration factor, the "WOW!" factor so to speak. What they want is to get someone IN and then hopefully they will think it's too much trouble to get out. I doubt most people are going to keep cable for instance until their D* system is up and running to compare. So when they hear 150, they never hear the "up to" or any other of the weasel words that D* uses. I don't think I would have nearly as much to say if they hadn't just tried to play me time after time.

This time it does seem that they have a real plan, but we've heard this before. I'll be very happy if they do, but as a long time customer I'm used to them not following through.

Now before I get the "Why don't you leave" clap trap....I don't hate D*. I just don't like some of their tactics and I don't like how they treat their customers at times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)