Please reply by conversation.

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
I'm new to FTA, but I've got someone who wants any kind of dish setup to bring in a crap load of free channels. He's got a brother who's got a Dreambox DM-500 and a dish that has a four LNB setup.

What dish configuration would someone recommend for the Dreambox? He's looking for a bunch of international stuff, soccer, etc.

10' Solid c-band will get you " Crap load of free channels " but even a bigger dish can get you more. If your on East cost you could pull channels from across the pond and then some.

If Cband is to big for the wife you can go with a 1m+ dish on motor and get every ku channel that is fta in your foot print and mabe some more spanish with modified lnb.

I like the motorized solution... I wouldn't have to pick orbital locations. What if they don't want to pony up for the motor? I've been trying to find places to order multiple LNB setups, but can't find anything at all..

multiple LNBF's is A DIY endeavor. It's not practical, in most instances, to manufacture a "standard" setup as location and the dish used will change the physical requirements. Also, the choice of satellites to aim at, varies by personal choice. That's a link at the beginning of the statement which will return many posts here. One of the site sponsors has some help in that regard: LNBF holders, others may also. In regards to fulfilling what you want to "tune in" Take a look at TheList! (top of page) to see what's available on C and Ku. May help in the decision making. (Not saying that's all that's there) Also global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html. is a great listing. Cband- 3700 to 4200 requires a BUD, minimum 6ft. Ku- 11700 to 12200, 36 inch min recommended.

Last edited:
great, thanks. This is exactly why I've done so few fta jobs over the years. People call me wanting a fta system installed and they refuse to do their homework as to what channels they want or where I'm supposed to point the dish. Like the guy I'm working with now, I told him to go to THE LIST, and pick an orbital or two. He tells me that it's too complicated, and if I just go to Lyngsat.com, I'll know where to point the dish.... Ug.

Status
Please reply by conversation.