dream wires

volkodav

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
us
dream wires ( updated picks )

it is almost done just have get couple more 8 way splitters and label everything 2 wall plates per room 4 coax 1 Ethernet 1 phone main TV 10 coax 2 Ethernets 2 phones 7 speaker weirs

what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
i wish i could do stuff like that every day, dish just dint understand that quality is better then speed.
it took me 5 day to run all cables, fully finished house including basement and vaulted sealing, one day to set up that board

I keep looking and looking, and in those pictures, I'm not seeing any SPEARS. But I do see lots of extra cables that might be SPARES. Haha lol nah seriously though it looks great, nice work.

thanks guys.
tomorrow i will add 4 more 8 ways splitter to add antenna and hook rest of the cables to it so ill update picks and by that time it will be labeled

dish pro plus receivers dont need the power inserter so location on the switch is not important

Ok, this is a misconception that causes tons and tons of trouble calls. No matter what kind of receivers you have connected you MUST have the power inserter connected for proper operation. Without the power inserter, the system will work for a while, then start acting strange and you'll start losing signal. Eventually the receiver that is connected to port 1 will need to be replaced, as it's being called upon to provide more power than it's designed to. The power inserter is designed to make up the difference between what the switch needs as far as power, and what the receiver can provide. It makes no difference if the receiver is legacy, DP or DPP.

Tyralak, I'm with you on that issue the power inserter is there for a reason so use it i go to way to many service call because no power supply connected

Ok guys, I guess I need a refresher course. What is the power inserter, and where should it be located in the system?

Ok guys, I guess I need a refresher course. What is the power inserter, and where should it be located in the system?

The power inserter is a small box that comes with the switch that provides power to the switch, as the receivers don't provide enough power. It needs to be connected to port 1 on the switch, and it has a pass-through port on it for a receiver. It's important that the power inserter be connected, even if the system seems to be working, as it will eventually stop functioning without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts