Dreambox DM100 v2 - Configuration for North America

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cadasavi

Original poster
Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hi everyone, i am new in FTA and trying to make to work my system, i got a new Dreambox Dm100 v2 but, is configurated for Europe and my dish is a old Dish500 with a new LBNF for Ku-band. I try to put all the information in the receiver for GALAXy 19 replacing all the data from one of those european satellites but without succes. I try a blind scan but not luck, the only thing in my list of channel are scramble channel without a single one LOCKED. I had to Buy a 90 cm Dish absolutely ? Somebody had the North American files and programs for this receiver ? I really need to make work this because the times are dificult and i am going to cut my cable service.
Thanks guys, any help is very apreciated.

Hi everyone, i am new in FTA and trying to make to work my system, i got a new Dreambox Dm100 v2 but, is configurated for Europe and my dish is a old Dish500 with a new LBNF for Ku-band. I try to put all the information in the receiver for GALAXy 19 replacing all the data from one of those european satellites but without succes. I try a blind scan but not luck, the only thing in my list of channel are scramble channel without a single one LOCKED. I had to Buy a 90 cm Dish absolutely ? Somebody had the North American files and programs for this receiver ? I really need to make work this because the times are dificult and i am going to cut my cable service.
Thanks guys, any help is very apreciated.

I forget to mention that i live in Montrel Canada , also i dont have any luck getting more than 10 % of Quality. i already try to put the dish in the rigth position and turning the LBNF with the angle mentioned in geosatfinder.com. I am goin to try moving the LBNF because the original ones of this dish where a little bit higher than my actual LBNF.

Using a too-small dish, being in Canada, and putting the LNBF in the wrong place might be a little much. :)
Do you have a larger dish to experiment with?
If buying one, I always recommend 36" (90) cm.

Exactly what LNBF are you trying to use?

Got to agree, with two out of three requirements working against you (undersized dish, Feed placement) the only thing that may be on your side is LUCK. The only requirement met is the transponder info in the receiver.
I tried a D**h500 on G19 quite a while ago and only got about a third the channels there. And nowhere reliable. Trashed the project. My 30 inch (.7m) ChannelMaster does quite well. Installing a 36 inch is the way to go.
:welcome
to satelliteguys.
(Is there an equivalent to OTARD in Canada?)

Those dm100's are a real pain. imo they really only had one market in NA and it wasnt FTA. Doesnt mean you cant use them for FTA, we've all seen other receivers on the market with the same goal, just means it isnt the perfect tool for the job.

The DM100 is closed src unlike all other dreambox's.

Defn want a quality 36" or larger.

UDL

Using a too-small dish, being in Canada, and putting the LNBF in the wrong place might be a little much. :)
Do you have a larger dish to experiment with?
If buying one, I always recommend 36" (90) cm.

Exactly what LNBF are you trying to use?

i got this LNBF (see picture) IMG_2491_resize-10.jpg

Ive never used Avenger brand lnb's, I have a hard time believing their claims of a 0.1db noise figure. Never the less Im sure it will do.

Anyone else on this forum use that brand and care to chime in?

UDL

If you get the lnbf in the sweet spot and tinker with the receiver for awhile, you may be able to get some tv with the dish you have. But what happens when it rains, will possibly fade out. (it can be done, I've done it myself, but it isn't very reliable, and I wasn't using a dreambox receiver). Get the lnb as close to the original distance from the dish as the original lnb, with some adjusting you may get some signals. Hope you can get your tv out by the dish while you work, as it will take some patience and time. IF you learn to do it, setting up a regular-size fta dish later on should be a piece of cake!

Well, that's the right kind of LNBF. 10750 LO.
Generally called: Standard
One less thing to bite you in the shorts.
I'm sure it'll work fine, but as mentioned, that 0.1 DB noise figure is marketing hype only.

Those dm100's are a real pain. imo they really only had one market in NA and it wasnt FTA.

To further elaborate on that, all the so called "new" DM100 and DM500 units currently being sold by dealers are Chinese clones as these models have been discontinued by Dream Multimedia for quite some time. A dead giveaway is the "version 2" of the DM100 which was never manufactured by Dream Multimedia. Apparently, a group involved in North American satellite piracy is pre-programming these receivers to enable theft of service out of the box. I guess that selling clones of a legitimate satellite receiver manufacturer helps them hide for legal purposes.

To try and use that Dish 500, I would first suggest you try to receive the CCTV MUX on 95W as it is strong and very easy to receive. This will at least help you get the focal point, aim and skew of your LNBF correct. Once you find this transponder, you would then be able to locate 97W with minimal effort as it is right next door.

TP: 11780
Pol: H
SR: 20760

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)