Dreambox Edit Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've been playing around with this some more and it seems to me that the main problem with Deamset is that you can't rename the channels ONLY in a bouquet like you can in the GUI on the box. In fact, if I rename some channels in a bouquet in the GUI and then load everything into Dreamset, it will show the original service names in both the main channel list AND in any bouquet that channel is part of.

Therefore, Dreamset can seriously screw things up if you have a bunch of services that are renamed ONLY in a user bouquet. That won't be reflected in Dreamset and as soon as you write back to then box, it wipes out all those renames from the user bouquet.

I've been playing around with this some more and it seems to me that the main problem with Deamset is that you can't rename the channels ONLY in a bouquet like you can in the GUI on the box. In fact, if I rename some channels in a bouquet in the GUI and then load everything into Dreamset, it will show the original service names in both the main channel list AND in any bouquet that channel is part of.

Therefore, Dreamset can seriously screw things up if you have a bunch of services that are renamed ONLY in a user bouquet. That won't be reflected in Dreamset and as soon as you write back to then box, it wipes out all those renames from the user bouquet.

Thanks yes, been playing around with that program also. It does allow renaming of channels in bouquets only, which is good.
If I try to understand what you're describing. Lets say you scan a sat. And read from your box. In Last Scanned you see a channel that displays...lets see, a good one....NASA on 127W. "3720V 0X101". So you rename it "NASA Public Channel". Create a new bouquet and name it "127W Galaxy 13".
Drag your newly renamed channel into the new bouquet. Write to the box. Open your bouquets and you see "NASA Public Channel".
Well, the next time you scan that sat the channel will revert to what it was named at first. Even if you enable allow dupes. And the channel in the bouquet will gray out. That's how I see it happening here (I think). It is what it is.

If I try to understand what you're describing. Lets say you scan a sat. And read from your box. In Last Scanned you see a channel that displays...lets see, a good one....NASA on 127W. "3720V 0X101". So you rename it "NASA Public Channel". Create a new bouquet and name it "127W Galaxy 13".
Drag your newly renamed channel into the new bouquet. Write to the box. Open your bouquets and you see "NASA Public Channel".
Well, the next time you scan that sat the channel will revert to what it was named at first. Even if you enable allow dupes. And the channel in the bouquet will gray out. That's how I see it happening here (I think). It is what it is.

Sort of, but more like this:

- Scan the sat
- In the GUI on the box in Last Scanned you see "3720V 0X101"
- Add "3720V 0X101" to a Favorites Bouquet from the GUI
- Rename "3720V 0X101" to "NASA Public Channel" from WITHIN the bouquet in the GUI. This way the name will stay intact in the bouquet during future blind scans
- Open Dreamset and read from the box
- The channel in question will show "3720V 0X101" in BOTH the main channel list AND the Favorites Bouquet in Dreamset. It is not showing the new name in the Favorites Bouquet.
- If you write back to the box, the channel will be back "3720V 0X101" in the Favorites Bouquet

Basically, I'm attempting to keep the original service name in the main channel list and only rename in the bouquet so that the name is preserved during a blind scan. All that works fine as long as Dreamset does not come into play.

You're right, it is what it is. Not a huge deal, just an observation for the most part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)