Droid? Or Incredible/Desire

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Cell South is about to make a huge push into the android arena, with multiple models being released, including what they call one "game changer". Not sure what that is.

I have read however that the Droid is one that is pretty much confirmed as well as the Incredible or the Desire, or a variation of one of those.

I have been looking to get back into the android scene, and hoenstly, the Droid really fits what I want. Large touch screen, with physical keyboard.

Now that it has been out for roughly six months are the people that have it still happy? If you were buying again would you still get the Droid versus some of the newer (crazy that six months is old now) phone?

I'd buy the original Droid in a heart-beat. It is a solid device, extremely flexible, not bogged down with HTC's SenseUI, and feels solid, and not cheap like the Incredible. (And I am not the only person who has made that claim in comparisons). Go for the original Droid.

It might be 6 months old, but in no way is the Moto Droid obsolete.

I have had both the Droid and the Incredible. Without a doubt I would recommend the Incredible. The Droid is a great piece of hardware and definitely not obsolete, but I feel the Incredible is overall a better phone. The Droid had slight lag problems and the physical keyboard was practically unusable for me.

The whole cheap argument for the Incredible is absolute hogwash. One might get that impression because it is lighter than expected and has a matte back. Just because something isn't a metal brick doesn't mean its not well built. The main reason I didn't like the Droid because it was so dang bulky. I swear I could throw it through a window. It was just to uncomfortable to hold and balance while texting. The Incredible feels solid and is more comfortable to hold in the hand.

Sense UI absolutely screams on the 1ghz Snapdragon processor. Like I said the Droid with stock Android is much laggier than the Incredible with Sense. I personally love Sense. It gives the phone a more polished look. The phone tab that everyone complains about doesn't take up any more usable space than the stock menu tab. The widgets are beautiful but you can also remove them if you'd like.

So personally using both I would recommend the Incredible.

Hmm, source now says that neither of these phones may be the "game changer" that is mentioned on the Cell South site. Im damn curious.

IF that game changer isn't what you want then i would go with the incredible

IF that game changer isn't what you want then i would go with the incredible

I still may go with the droid, rest of em aside. I want a keyboard. I am going to look at what they offer over the next few months though.

Anyone else find the name of these HTC Android phones to be a LITTLE pretentious? Desire, Legend, Hero, Magic, Dream, Incredible, etc? I feel weird saying to be people, "This is my Desire" or "This is my Hero." Of course not enough to not buy one of these phones, but I wonder if they're going to become less original and if we get models like the "HTC Great" or "HTC Stupendous" or "HTC Amazing"

OT: I am looking forward to the Desire. Hopefully AT&T won't mess with it too much, or at least it'll be easily rootable and allow full control.

Last edited:
I have to put in my two cents - I love my Droid. Have no experience with the Incredible. But I can say that with Google's speech to text you really have no need for a keyboard. It is an amazing speech recognition software. It rarely misinterprets what I say.

Anyone else find the name of these HTC Android phones to be a LITTLE pretentious? Desire, Legend, Hero, Magic, Dream, Incredible, etc?
I think this should be added to the lawsuit Apple filed against HTC...:)

They obviously try to mimic Apple's traditions: Genius Bar, Time Machine, etc.

Diogen.

I have the Moto Droid and the HTC Eris....both of my phones I am very happy with...I like the Moto alittle better....and I will be getting the Incredible next week and I know that is better...if you like full keyboard then the droid is the way to go.....but it's not my cup of tea..if they come out with a droid with the keyboard that is on the devour then that would be the perfect phone.

I love my Incredible so far. If you absolutely have to have a keyboard, your choice is simple. Otherwise, you should give serious consideration to the Inc. I don't feel Sense UI bogs down the phone since the processor is so fast. The Eris felt a little slow because of it, but those issues are gone with the Incredible.

I love my Incredible so far. If you absolutely have to have a keyboard, your choice is simple. Otherwise, you should give serious consideration to the Inc. I don't feel Sense UI bogs down the phone since the processor is so fast. The Eris felt a little slow because of it, but those issues are gone with the Incredible.

I recall that from the Hero. It was not unbearably laggy, but you could tell it from time to time. I do not see that being a problem with the snapdragon under the hood.

Perhaps the extra screen size will make up for the lack of keyboard. I will give them both a look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts