Droid sales not too good

I thought I read somewhere that the actual sales numbers (to consumers) of the Iphone were unknown, but the 1 million number is what was sold by apple to the retailers.

I will try to find that again.

Was the droid sold in the US only so far?

Yeah, the bad economy must be it. That's why Apple was only able to sell a million of the more expensive iPhone 3GS in the same period of time.

Mario
I attribute that more to the Millions of apple cult-followers who buy every single piece of crap thing Apple releases.

Apple iPhone benefits from the fact that they were first to market with many of their ideas. This made everyone aware of the product, and now it is top of mind for the consumer. Everyone has to compare themselves to the iPhone which further strengthens the perception in the consumer's mind that the iPhone is the standard and a must have.

Just like blackberry dominated the corporate email, now iPhone is taking over the web connected phone.

I attribute that more to the Millions of apple cult-followers who buy every single piece of crap thing Apple releases.
I bought the 3Gs and I am definitely not an apple cult follower. I currently own and/or use 5 computers, 2 laptops and 3 desktops, and all of them are PCs. I used to own 1 MAC laptop and I did not like it at all.

I did a lot of research and playing with the phones and when it came time for me to buy my first smart phone, the iPhone was the best option for me. My decision was made based solely on my needs and my current wireless plan, not on the fact that the iPhone was a MAC. In fact, the fact that it is a MAC was my biggest turnoff at the time.

Yep. The iPhone is the only Apple product I own. And it's great. The deal was clinched when they said I could keep my family plan and get unlimited data service on it for only $30 more per month.

Definitely NOT a Mac lover.

Yep. The iPhone is the only Apple product I own. And it's great. The deal was clinched when they said I could keep my family plan and get unlimited data service on it for only $30 more per month.

Definitely NOT a Mac lover.

The iPhone was my first Apple product. I now have a Mac Mini to do iPhone application development. It's currently not used for anything else. I am giving serious thought to switching from the PC to the Mac but that hasn't happened yet.

Went to my local Verizon store yesterday to have my LG Versa flashed with new firmware, while waiting I asked the guy how many droids they moved on release day, he told me 7 or 8 NEW activations, and about 25-30 upgrades from folks who had other phones with Verizon. I thought that was pretty underwhelming, myself.

His personal opinion was that the HTC devices were going to kill the droid in sales, plus he said many folks just don't like Motorola, so they don't trust the droid.

Just a small sample, from just outside New Orleans, LA. :cool:

I played with a droid a bit, fantastic device, but I can't afford the data plan so I'll be passing on that...;)

The iPhone was my first Apple product. I now have a Mac Mini to do iPhone application development. It's currently not used for anything else. I am giving serious thought to switching from the PC to the Mac but that hasn't happened yet.

What most people don't realize is that the most of the iPhone users are not Apple Cult followers. I for one only owned iPods prior to the iPhone. Are there a few people that might be considered this yes but you could also say the same thing for other devices as well. There are people here that you could say are cult followers for Windows mobile devices. I guess MS, Sony and Nintendo also have huge cult following as they always have people standing in line and selling out their new hardware releases.

What most people don't realize is that the most of the iPhone users are not Apple Cult followers. I for one only owned iPods prior to the iPhone. Are there a few people that might be considered this yes but you could also say the same thing for other devices as well. There are people here that you could say are cult followers for Windows mobile devices. I guess MS, Sony and Nintendo also have huge cult following as they always have people standing in line and selling out their new hardware releases.
My brothers in law works Microsoft Gold Certified company and he is the biggest MS guy I have ever seen. He and many of his colleagues use an iPhone, payed for by his company, believe it or not.

Everyone is laid off, no one has any extra money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The iPhone buyers seem to be finding the money. I have some iPods and now the iPhone. I have never owned a mac, and have barely used one in the past.

Part of the issue probably is that all those that really wanted the features have already bought the iPhone. There was no pent up demand for the Droid unless you were set on VZ as your carrier. Over time it will be able to leach users from the iPhone if it lives up to expectations.

Look at the 3Gs, when it first came out there was only a minor shortage. There was not a mad dash to update by existing iPhone users. The only reason there was really demand is because no one wanted to buy a 3G iPhone the last few months before 3Gs. It was the worst kept secret that a new phone was coming.

Last time I looked, we still have about 90% employment in the country

IIRC that number is a bit deciving since they only count people that are employed or unemployeed and looking for work. There's many thounds more that have just given up and aren't being included in any numbers.

IIRC that number is a bit deciving since they only count people that are employed or unemployeed and looking for work. There's many thounds more that have just given up and aren't being included in any numbers.

You completely missed my point as according to R424... I'm unemployed or have no extra money. As for those that have given up looking for work, well, as it's said many times. "God helps those who help themselves". This isn't the place to discuss it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)