Drop of signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

henzio

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Hi there,
Yesterday my signal on AMC4 101w droped from 72% to 38% and now i can't watch RTPi it says scrambled channel.
On sunday everything was finned, then yesterday the signal dropped, i took a look at the antenna and everything looks fine, there wasn't no storms or a lot of wind in my area.
What could have coused this ?
I have a FLU with an 1 meter dish.
Thanks for the help.
henzio.

dish may have moved a little.

What are the signals on some other transponders on that satellite?
KUIL and 3ABN are really strong so those might not be best options. but other transponders should be fine.

Thanks for the reply.
I did a rescan and i only get 4 channels with a decent quality of 61% the best TP that i have is 11703 at 71% of quality.
I was also thinking that the dish moved, but i live in Montreal and we had so far a tough winter with specially a lot of strong wind, just 2 weeks ago the wind reached 100 k/m, and my dish always survived and i never lost the signal.
Another thing i was thinking is that since sunday the temperature is much wormer that before +1, is it possible that the metal of the dish expanded making it to move ? because my dish is not of the best quality (made in china cost $40cnd) and this is the first winter that i have the dish.

very possible

The 11703 is KUIL Fox. That should almost peg the meter. Same with 3ABN. I dont have the numbers handy but if you do an ALL scan on that satellite it will come in.

I have a cheaper dish that can bend and flex during the winter. Right now its about +2C out and a couple weeks ago it was -30C in the morning. I noticed a difference in signals.

If you've had some strong winds, it is possible the dish might be off by a little bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)