Dropping out of the Hopper Beta Program

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fearless

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I've had enough of the Hopper beta program. I'm looking at returning to Directv.
I currently have 3 HR21s and one HR22. The plan is to replace one HR21 with a HR34 and get the whole house DVR set up.
Will this integration work? Is there a cap on the number of possible tuners? Would I have 11?
Am I better off trying to get Directv to upgrade my older receivers?

Last edited:
DirecTV will change your configuration to use the SWM16 multiswitch (if you have an SWM LNB they will swap the LNB for a conventional one also). All your boxes will be able to participate in Whole Home DVR.

How many lines run off your dish to your switch, how many lines are run to each dvr, and you can try to get directv to upgrade your boxes, you want to at least get them to throw in the decas for free to make the mrv work, But hading the tech a coke and a sandwhich usually proans the same results. there may be alot of wiring involved to get all this changed over depending on where everything in your home is at. If you already have a SWM setup this will be alot easier.

I've had enough of the Hopper beta program. I'm looking at returning to Directv.
I currently have 3 HR21s and one HR22. The plan is to replace one HR21 with a HR34 and get the whole house DVR set up.
Will this integration work? Is there a cap on the number of possible tuners? Would I have 11?
Am I better off trying to get Directv to upgrade my older receivers?
It only gets complicated on tuner number 17. The Home Media Center HR34 is SWM only. So they will convert you to that, as well as putting in a SWiM-16. They will put DECAs on your old HR21s and HR22 for Whole Home. And if you want On Demand, a broadband DECA for your router. This equipment has has several names in the last few years. It is currently a Cinema Connection Kit. There are two version - hardwire & wireless. The HMC HR34 can also be used as an Ethernet bridge. How you connect really depends on where your router is.

Now that I'm back with the good guys, is there a way to increase the seconds to 10 for the backup button? 10 seconds worked better for me when I had Dish. Now sometimes I have to press it 4 or 5 times to get back to the start of show after a commercial.

Btw how did the install go?

Went great. I'm in hog heaven. Having 5 tuners eliminates conflicts. Now I'm back to whole shows being recorded. Before with Dish the end of non-Prime Time recorded shows got chopped off. I still have the same occasional slow remote response but I can tolerate that.

Went great. I'm in hog heaven. Having 5 tuners eliminates conflicts. Now I'm back to whole shows being recorded. Before with Dish the end of non-Prime Time recorded shows got chopped off. I still have the same occasional slow remote response but I can tolerate that.
Welcome back. Glad it all worked out for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)