DS-2177 - Winegard Dish with "D-Shaped" Arm - Which LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gary K

Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
New Jersey
Hi:

I have two separate dishes for Anik - one at 82 degrees and one at 91 degrees. I'm wanting to increase the size of my dishes because of issues - I'm on the very fringe of the signal - and I'm going to order two Winegard DS-2177 dishes with the "D-Shaped" arm.

Problem is - I want to be 100% certain that the DISH PRO LNB is the correct one to order. What's very, very weird is that on the Solid Signal website the photo appears to show the arm upside down -- and this has me very paranoid.

The bottom line question: Is the DS-2177 compatible with the Dish Pro Digital LNBF?

Many thanks!

Dish: Winegard 30in DISH Satellite Dish with D-Shaped Tube (DS-2177) from Solid Signal
LNB: DISH Network Dish Pro Dual Output Satellite LNB (120810) from Solid Signal

It doesn't matter which satellite they're pointing at - Canadian or American - the issue is the relationship between the LNB and the Satellite. These same dishes and LNBs are used by countless more DISH users in the USA than in Canada. I'm trying to get an answer on the Winegard 30 and the LNB -- it has nothing to do with Bell.

It doesn't matter which satellite they're pointing at - Canadian or American - the issue is the relationship between the LNB and the Satellite. These same dishes and LNBs are used by countless more DISH users in the USA than in Canada. I'm trying to get an answer on the Winegard 30 and the LNB -- it has nothing to do with Bell.
And it really has nothing to do with Dish either, and this is a Dish forum, so.....

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not sure why everyone is making this so difficult... yes, wrong forum, but the answer is the same for DIsh or Bell...

Yes, the linked Winegard dish and the LNBF are compatible. The combo should provide significant gain for single satellite Dish or Bell service reception compared to a 18' / 24" dish.

Good luck with your project Gary K !

Reactions: pattykay

Gary K, please don't let the rudeness of a few users here chase you away. This is a good forum, and most of us are very helpful without being snotty or forum police.

To you others: A dish is simply a REFLECTOR, nothing more, nothing less. An lnbf is nothing but an antenna and receiver/pre-amp. Bell uses DISH based equipment. Pretty much everything that applies to DISH, applies to BELL.

I'd put money on that stock photo being incorrect, I've never seen an LNB arm with the D upside down like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)