DSL and receiver phone line

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
I am scheduled for my 625 install tomorrow so I went ahead and ran a phone line. I hooked the phone line up to my 301 which will be replaced by the 625 and the 301 says “Phone Connection FAILURE no dialtone check phone connection". I have hooked a phone up to this line and get dial tone. I have DSL so my question is do I need to hook this up a special way through a DSL phone filter?
Thanks

Yep... you need a filter on it, but either way if you have dial tone with a test phone, don't worry about it.

The phone plug/pins inside the reciever could be bent, or it's just a bad connection. Wiggle it around and try it again.

If possible put the DSL modem and its filter (or the special trap) at the entry point from the phone company and pass only the phone to the rest of your equipment. You might have to run a CAT-5/6 line from the modem to your switch/router or directly to your computer. They try to have you put traps on each line but that is overkill if you can have the modem upstream of everthing else, as I do. Your modem (mileage) may vary.
-Ken

I have a line directly from the phone box to my dsl modem, and then the rest of the house is on the "phone side" of a dsl filter. The cable I have going to the dish is on the "phone side" of the dsl filter, so everything should be ok then?
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)