DSR 530 Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

travler1701

Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I recently received a DSR530 and I am experiencing problems. I was wondering if I could get confirmation on my conclusion from some of the more experienced people here. I also have a DSR405 which is working fine, I added the 530 to my account and it was working fine but after a few hours started experiencing the following.

1. Tune to channel 300-CBC Halifax, everything is fine
2. Channel up to channel 301-CBC Montreal and get a "Programming not authorized, must be added to my account.
3. Tune to channel 293-CTV HD, everything is fine
4. Channel down to 292-CBC HD and receive an analog CTV station.

Looked to me that it was an LNB problem, so I re-connected my DSR405 and everything worked fine there, channels tune in fine both analog and HD.

One final test was I hooked up the 530 to the KU line from my big dish and tried the above, moving the dish to the appropriate satellite when needed. The 530 performs perfectly. When I don't move the dish I experience the exact same thing as above.

Conclusion: Defective Receiver.

Conclusion: Reciever needs a rehit.

Just call *C or your Broker and have them send a rehit to the reciever. No big deal.

Also had the same problem and spent one hour on the phone with *C, we did everything including a factory reset. No luck.

Getting mine replaced by the vendor.

Last edited:
When did you have it authorized? Today? My first 530 did not have all the channels until midnight...about the same time it took to upgrade the software.

The receiver was authorized that same day and I called Starchoice and had them rehit it, also did a factory reset. No luck. I'm following sarusso's lead and will get it exchanged. I'll post the results once I get the replacement.

By the way I've been having no problems while I've had it connected to my big dish but it is a pain having to move the dish when changing channels and they happen to be on the other satellite. I could probably live with it if I had to but my wife has a different opinion. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)