DSR 905

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stecle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Between the North and South Pole
I have some questions regarding the DSR 905 and the upcoming changeover. As we know the 905 is a stand alone unit with no dish moving capability. My understanding is that there are currently 2 conversion solutions available. Solution 1 will allow you to keep all the tiles but have no guide. Solution 2 wipes out all but one tile but gives you the guide.

I have no concerns converting the 905 to a single tile as I don't use the rest anyway, however are there any additional detriments to wiping out the tiles (Solution 2) on the 905 that I might be missing?
If I choose to keep the tiles for now (Solution 1) will I still have the option to wipe them out later and get the guide. I appreciate all feedback.

Thanks in advance

Steve

As far as the guide goes I have a plan on something that will be tried. It can't be done till the 4096 EMM is gone. I will be posting results on my website at: 4DTV Online By TvroPro... The Official 4DTV Info Site

The guide stream must be swapped from a "d" dump mode to a "n" network mode. A hard flush may get it to activate the other mode. You will probably need the guide tier bit for the Comcast SAC also for the unit to recognize the new stream.

I have decided that its time to convert over my 905. Here is my current situation. My 905 has been subscribed since last summer and continues to receive programming. The system is fixed and hasn't moved off W5 since it was activated. When I call up the satellite menu it shows W5 highlighted however the X4 tile does not exist. I cant receive any of the DMX as the receiver wont go past 800. I have carefully reviewed TVROPRO's and Skyvision's no brick instructions however these procedures don't really apply to my situation. I sincerely appreciate any help regarding the conversion.

Thanks

Steve

not sure if you will be able to get the x4 map but try to tune w5 602 and watch your channel count. this may take some time. if youve been watching w5 programming and the x4 map hasnt appeared yet im not sure if it ever will. report back what you find. this situation is definately interesting to me. the maps are still important so you can watch any dc2 itc stuff.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)