dsr 920 questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey couple questions before I go buy this 920 from this guy. He cut in on for me but the dish insnt installed so I couldn't see it working. My question is how can I be sure the battery hasn't already died. I don't want to buy some junk. I don't mind replacing the battery but just don't know what to look for too see if its good.

You need to plug it into a TV, go through the menu screen and make sure the system ID (UID I believe its called) matches the number on the sticker on the back on the unit. If they're not the same...the battery has already died and it lost its unit ID (pretty much garbage).

Hey couple questions before I go buy this 920 from this guy. He cut in on for me but the dish insnt installed so I couldn't see it working. My question is how can I be sure the battery hasn't already died. I don't want to buy some junk. I don't mind replacing the battery but just don't know what to look for too see if its good.

First, ask him if it ever been replaced. Second, have him power it on and check in the system status screen the receiver number matches the tag on the back of the unit, should start with 000 and it will be the tag right next to the UHF antenna, no tag I won't buy it.
Also how much is he asking, check EBay to get a comparison of price..

Get the UID number then call SRL and let them check if it is good. The XC chip will reload a bogus number after battery failure when powered up.

Didn't some of the early 920s have the UID printed on the back sticker in decimal instead of hex? I could be wrong, but it seems like I remember that. If that's the case, he'll need to convert the hex UID reported in the menu to decimal before doing the comparison.

Cheers

Didn't some of the early 920s have the UID printed on the back sticker in decimal instead of hex? I could be wrong, but it seems like I remember that. If that's the case, he'll need to convert the hex UID reported in the menu to decimal before doing the comparison.

What your talking about is the 905 receiver.

What your talking about is the 905 receiver.

Thanks sergei. So I wasn't completely crazy... just a off on which model. Getting older may have its pitfalls, but it still beats the alternative. :)

Cheers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts