Dsr 922

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Getting ready to go pickup a dsr 922 what should I be looking for in terms of if it's work getting.

Make sure the Unit Address that is on the back matches the one displayed under Check System Settings.

If using for Hits2Home (the only current subscription service) it may need to be "converted" to properly support that service.

You'll need a CBand dish pointed at W5 - AMC18 105w

If you are a DXer or want to use FTA as well then you may want to keep maps that are in the 922 already - the full conversion purpose removes all sat maps except W5 which is fine for Hits2Home BUT if you want to see what else is up there you will want the conversion steps that retain existing maps.

Conversion steps are either Full (wipe existing maps) aka 7 steps or Partial (keep maps) aka 4 steps.

7 steps: Here are the instructions to follow on how to get the 4DTV to work on the W5 only

Due to some recent issues I can't link (apparently) to the 4 step conversion, Google "4dtv 4 step"

I already have a dish and a openbox s9 and a 410. Just wanted to get a 922 to play with. Does it look the same as a 410 menu wise? I only have the 6 footer up at the moment. I did have 10 footer I was gonna put up, but my buddy ran over it. I'm gonna go Monday and pick up a 12 ft channel master and use the 6 footer for hits 2 home. Does channel master make a good dish? What lnb and motor combo will work well with it

macgod79 said:
I already have a dish and a openbox s9 and a 410. Just wanted to get a 922 to play with. Does it look the same as a 410 menu wise? I only have the 6 footer up at the moment. I did have 10 footer I was gonna put up, but my buddy ran over it. I'm gonna go Monday and pick up a 12 ft channel master and use the 6 footer for hits 2 home. Does channel master make a good dish? What lnb and motor combo will work well with it

"buddy" & "ran over it" - OMG!

Menus are very similar between the 410 & 922

Something to be aware of, LNB polarity on the 922 is reversed compared to the 410 - on the 922 there is an option to "flip" polarity to compensate.

Ok guys got the 922 and the unit Id is good as the menu and back match. The number where it says UA is the right match. It comes up on g0 I believe. I remember the 920 I looked at awhile back started on analog. I bet the battery was gone. Anyway how do I hook my openbox to this.

Have you hooked up the OpenBox and 410 together before? If yes, then it is the same basic approach.

One main difference between the 410 and 922 is LNB setup. The 922 supports C & Ku, with & without polarizers, LNBFs etc.

I'm guessing based on your 410 and OpenBox you'll want to tell the 922 it has an LNBF - this will make the top LNB Input behave like the 410 and OpenBox with voltage polarity switching.

I could never get them to play right together. How do I slave the openbox to the 922

Check this info on Sadoun - good place to give you an idea of all parts needed

BUD Slave Kit Splitters, Switches, DVB MPEG2 Sidecar 4DTV Receiver ....Great Prices

What you do is split the LNB signal, one port is power passing, the other power blocking (DC Pass and DC Block). What this means, is the polarity is controlled by the DSR922.

If you have dual feed LNB you would just use a 2x4 multiswitch or similar: SADOUN S-SM38 DirecTV FTA 3x8 Multi switch

Polarity switching is receiver independant with a multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)