DSR410 not locking sat W5 105W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doug900

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
upstate ny
I recently purchased a DSR410 from Skyvision to subscribe to digital "C band" programming on W5, 105W (Dumping expensive Dish network! YEAH!!). I am reviving my 10ft Paraclipse dish. I have installed a new digital C LNBF, and use an analog GI reciever as a dish mover. To lock onto a satellite, I used my new "Sathawk PVR800" reciever, since it has a nice blind scan function on it. I locked onto W5 with the "Sathawk" reciever and got a signal of 90 and quality of 75-76%. When I hook up the DSR410, and channel 204, like they tell me to, I can't get a green lock light on the front panel. When I go into the menu to look at signal strength, it says 20. If I enter 4160 for provider, it hangs on "trying to find correct signal" or similar message. When I put in, I believe 233 for provider, it says "found correct signal", but still doesn't give me a green lock light on the front of the unit, and the signal stays at 20. Since these are refurb recievers, Skyvision gives you a cheap generic remote control. So, I don't know how to get into the hidden menu, where I understand there are more settings available. I've installed satellite systems in the past but this is by far the most frustrating, maybe since it is now digital. Any ideas anyone?:mad::confused:

I get music channels on the FTA Sathawk and digital c scrambled program list (you know, the channels that start with a $ sign), so I know the signal is pounding. How would I get to the hidden menu in the DSR410 with this generic remote? Yes, the DSR410 is hooked directly to the LNBF, after I pull it off the Sathawk. I've never seen the 410 come off from a 20 signal.

doug900 said:
I get music channels on the FTA Sathawk and digital c scrambled program list (you know, the channels that start with a $ sign), so I know the signal is pounding. How would I get to the hidden menu in the DSR410 with this generic remote? Yes, the DSR410 is hooked directly to the LNBF, after I pull it off the Sathawk. I've never seen the 410 come off from a 20 signal.

Off the bat it could be flipped polarity - I had this issue when I setup my 1st 410.

Can you loop your Sathawk into the 410 so you can easily flip polarity?

Options...6 7,7,8 1 Manually tune Frequency.
Set as follows: Polarity: Right
22k: Off
Symbol Rate: 19.510
Coding: 3/4 or Auto
Frequency: 1350.000
Hit "Tune" ...Green light should come on if it's already set to 4160 Provider ID.
Hope this helps....:D

trinidex- Since my LNBF is dual feed, so one element would be horizontal and the other is vertical, I tried switching the line from one to the other thinking this would change my polarity. No joy.

eurosport-if I could get to that menu (hidden?), I would change those settings. I have read about that suggestion in another post. The problem is, how do you get there with a generic remote? I'm trying to figure out what key to press for the option key so that I can select that numerical menu sequence.

Move the LNB 90 degrees one way or the other. Sounds like the same symptom I had when migrating from my 922 4DTV to DSR unit and FTA. The polarities are "read" differently by the receivers. Made no sense, but it works!

There are buttons on the front panel of the 410 that will allow you to get into the menus and use the numbers on the remote from there.

I suspect there was a master reset done on the receiver when Skyvision had it and it needs to download the channel mapping data. Did eurosport's info work?

Corrado-I can't get into the secret menu to change these parameters. I'm not sure what button to use for "option". This is a generic remote, not the original DSR410 remote. I will try hitting the menu button on the receiver, then using numbers on remote. Will this do the same as the option key and get me into the secret menu? BTW Corrado, I am about an hour or so north of you. I'm north east of Glens Falls.

radio-Wouldn't my FTA reciever (the one I peaked my dish with) see the polarity the same as the DSR410? If so, I should get a signal.

Last edited:
Use the Right colored button to access Options.

Yes, chances are very good that you need to rotate the LNBF 90 degrees, as the DSR-410 receivers are opposite in polarity setup to most other receivers including FTA devices.

doug900 said:
trinidex- Since my LNBF is dual feed, so one element would be horizontal and the other is vertical, I tried switching the line from one to the other thinking this would change my polarity. No joy.

eurosport-if I could get to that menu (hidden?), I would change those settings. I have read about that suggestion in another post. The problem is, how do you get there with a generic remote? I'm trying to figure out what key to press for the option key so that I can select that numerical menu sequence.

As others posted, you can access options from the front panel and use the numbers on the remote. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

eurosport- I got into the secret menu and set the parameters, but no joy. Dumb question- Is this a circular signal and not horizintal/vertical, hence left anf right settings? If so, I'll have to put the plate in the LNBF. I appreciate all of the help everybody is giving me! :):)

eurosport- I got into the secret menu and set the parameters, but no joy. Dumb question- Is this a circular signal and not horizintal/vertical, hence left anf right settings?
It says left & right, but it's linear. Not sure why it's on there that way. L-vertical R-horizontal.

doug900 said:

AFAIK Dual means 2 outputs, each with both polarities, switched/controlled by voltage.

A quick test for your DSR would be to do the same things you've done without the LNb attached, I'm pretty sure you'll get the same results.

If it's easy to do, follow the other advice here and rotate the LNB physically on the LNB arm by 90 degrees.

You can tell the Sathawk your LNB is "flipped" and it should still work.

Good luck!

Well, I flipped my LNBF 90 degrees, and I was able to get into the secret menu on the DSR410. I made the recommended setting changes as per eurosport's suggestion, but still no green light. Before all of this, to be sure I actually had a signal of some sort, I hooked up my FTA Sathawk, and blind scanned W5 and checked the signal. Then I hooked the line back up to the DSR410. No green light.:mad: It seems like I've exhausted the possibilities. This isn't a circular signal for the DSR410 is it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)