DSR410 not locking sat W5 105W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
doug900 said:
Eurosport, Live and learn, right? Or, rekindle the old days into the digital era! ;)

Is there any 4dtv FTA, or if not, what kind of programming is available? I may venture down that road next. I'l split off another receiver.

Not too much left. Sometimes things go ITC on the cable birds like C3 and C4.....(the stuff we used to be able to sub to) but for the most part the DSR 410 is all you need. I have a sub to the MTV mini-pack with mine. Those music channels actually show music videos! :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Everything with the DSR410 was peachy, until I lost the receiver and LNBF in a lightning air burst:mad:. Is there another receiver that will allow me to subscribe to channels with digital C? I see the DSR922 (pricey!). Any others?

Are you sure what is damaged? I have lost different items over the past years due to lightning myself. Probably more of those Chinese LNBs than anything. Can you describe what's going on?

I know that I toasted the lnbf tuner. I popped the side off of it and saw a couple of toasted surface mount capicitors. Also, the voltage coming into the tuner is only about 2.5V. The lnbf port is putting out nothing. I also suspect the lnbf on the dish is toast. With lightning, the chances of it jumping past the tuner to the main board are pretty good, so it probably isn't worth fixing, even if I could find another lnbf tuner. I do have my sights on a DSR 922. I found one for $349.95. I don't think they get any cheaper than this. Also, a plus is that it has a built in dish mover circuit. Thoughts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts