DSR410 up and running in record time!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Recently got my hands on one of those DSR410 boxes for my mom's use, she was having the Pickers withdrawal pains since the recent loss of the freebie feed. The receiver arrived about 4pm Tuesday, and I pointed a spare c-band 7.5'dish to 118 this morning.
I was lucky to hit that satellite with an SD fta box for aiming, very few channels to pick up with an SD box on that bird! Stuck on the c-band lnbf, tested the signals with the 410, and in 30min or so I was ready to go.
I called SRL , talked to Tim, and set up an account for it, instant activation just like the old VC2 system. Took 5minutes, lol. I know its all old-tech, SD only, and all but it serves her needs for now. I can't help but wonder if more people wouldn't go for a system like this, if there were more channels available to us, and maybe a newer receiver that would give us HD on some channels. But the system has evolved into what it is, for pay television in this country so we'll make the best of it. I do hope this system will last a little while longer, it's a nice setup for older people who don't demand everything in HD, with PVRs and all the fancy stuff. Even get a ton of free music channels!

I would like to get a 410 for my father in law because simpler is better for him and he won't be able to monkey it up! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)