DSR4410 Remote management (SNMP)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
I'm looking for more help...gotta love this hobby!

My DSR4410 has a network port, which apparently I can use for remote management using SNMP?

Anyone know how I get started with this? What software do I need?

TIA

Bless this forum :D

I am interested in doing this as well. I havent even tried this yet on the 4410's. I have done this on the SA PowerVu 9850's. I am take a look at this monday when i get in the headend.

I am interested in doing this as well. I havent even tried this yet on the 4410's. I have done this on the SA PowerVu 9850's. I am take a look at this monday when i get in the headend.

I'm wondering if the 4410 has a web server for management, or if it's just SNMP.

The manual doesn't give much detail on the port.

Anything you find manderson I'd be interested in, I'll post here if I find anything out.

I have connected this to my network, performed a port scan and found the following ports open:

21 - FTP
23 - Telnet

I can't seem to establish an FTP connection.

Telnet brings up a 'VxWorks Login' prompt.

That's as far as I've got!

You can't really do much here. It's mainly for SNMP and multicast IP data from certain streams such as the Weather Channel multiplex. You can upgrade the firmware via the network port too, with a windows firmware upgrade utility from Motorola.

Hello, I'm working with the same receiver DSR 4410. I wish you can tell me the telnet username and password. I'm going to use SNMP to monitore the receiver.
Thanks.

jlms said:
Hello, I'm working with the same receiver DSR 4410. I wish you can tell me the telnet username and password. I'm going to use SNMP to monitore the receiver.
Thanks.

I had no luck with this.

Maybe we're asking the wrong question?!

DSR4410 Login

This is the right question, but I do not see an answer.I too am looking for a login/password combination that will work for the DSR-4410MD.I have been able to display a login web page by placing the IP Address of my company's DSR-4410MD in to Internet Explorer as the URL to display. For example, if my DSR's IP Address is 10.2.1.10, I use the URL http://10.2.1.10 in my browser and the DSR displays a login web page.Now if I could only find a valid login/password combination to get past the login screen!Anyone wish to help?

This is the right question, but I do not see an answer.I too am looking for a login/password combination that will work for the DSR-4410MD.I have been able to display a login web page by placing the IP Address of my company's DSR-4410MD in to Internet Explorer as the URL to display. For example, if my DSR's IP Address is 10.2.1.10, I use the URL http://10.2.1.10 in my browser and the DSR displays a login web page.Now if I could only find a valid login/password combination to get past the login screen!Anyone wish to help?

4410MD - cool!

Perhaps we should ask in WUT ?

I'm not familiar with this model, but I am familiar with VxWorks. I'll poke around and see what I can find, but in production equipment like this, alot of times they have to have all the passwords left at default for everything to work, other than minor user adds. If you're pointing a web browser at your unit and get a page, that means you have httpd running (web server.) The portscan indicates telnetd and ftpd is running as well, however it's weird the portscan didn't see port 80 (http) and maybe even 22 (ssh). Does it list any other output, like VxWorks version number, build date, etc?

If it's SNMP based control, ports 161 and 162 should be popping up, unless SNMP is disabled (didn't see that in the manual)
Depending on the version of SNMP, you might not need telnet access, although it would be nice to have.

If you have a non-Windows machine lying around, or know how to use a LiveCD, you might want to check this page out.

Manpage of SNMPWALK

aquaregia said:
I'm not familiar with this model, but I am familiar with VxWorks. I'll poke around and see what I can find, but in production equipment like this, alot of times they have to have all the passwords left at default for everything to work, other than minor user adds. If you're pointing a web browser at your unit and get a page, that means you have httpd running (web server.) The portscan indicates telnetd and ftpd is running as well, however it's weird the portscan didn't see port 80 (http) and maybe even 22 (ssh). Does it list any other output, like VxWorks version number, build date, etc?

Telnetting into the rcvr produces a VXWorks prompt.

I've not been able to login with typical user/pass combos.

Would be great if you know/could find these.

Well, it might be possible to poll the SNMP just using normal snmp commands without knowing the telnet password, depending on what revision of SNMP is running. Although we are agreed, gaining telnet access would be a huge benefit for all commercial IRD's. I'm assuming (hoping) all DCII stuff is done via hardware, so I'm just going to throw this out there. Port 17185. That is all.

DSR4410 Login and SNMP

I called Motorola and was able to get the MIB file for the 4410 as well as the web front end login. The user name is MOTOROLA and the password is PASSWORD, this should allow you access to the web GUI. The telenet is for Motorola use only and they wouldn't give that to me. If you want the MIB file, just give them a call on their 800 number. I got to speak to someone right away and he E-mailed to me while I waited on the phone.

I called Motorola and was able to get the MIB file for the 4410 as well as the web front end login. The user name is MOTOROLA and the password is PASSWORD, this should allow you access to the web GUI. The telenet is for Motorola use only and they wouldn't give that to me. If you want the MIB file, just give them a call on their 800 number. I got to speak to someone right away and he E-mailed to me while I waited on the phone.

This is very good news. I use VxWorks, MIB files, MG Soft MIB Browser, SNMP and Telnet daily at work while developing and testing the CATV products we manufacture.

What is a "MIB" file?

How do I access the web GUI - what's the URL & Port? I couldn't get a web response using the IP of the box in my browser.

Thanks!

Hi Lt. Tweek,
I know it's already a long time now. But by any chance do you still have the MIB file with you ??? I need to monitor this device on my network using snmp.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)