DSR4410 setup - help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trinidex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
I've got my hands on a DSR4410, reportedly from a working, decommissioned head end.

I'm trying to set it up for AMC18 (W5) stuff but am not doing very well.

I can't get Video or Audio lock on anything even though the rcv'r shows Signal and Authorized.

On Fast Facts 1, it shows me that the signal is not encrypted and the receiver is authorized.

This is my setup:

BUD pointed at AMC18 - verified working with DSR410
LNBf connected to Port 0 on 4410

This is what I've done:

Install Menu

Port0 Setup:
Mode: Auto
Sat: W18
Pol: H/LHP

Manual Tune:
Input: Port 0
Mode: Xpndr
Xpdr: 06
LFreq: 1330.00

Modulation
Mode: DCII-AUTO

This gives me "Signal" and "Authorized" lights

Channel Menu:
VCT: 214
Chnl: 409
Xpndr: AMC18

Status Messages:

Status 2:

Source: -----
Channel: 0409
Quality: 81

Status 4:
Sat: W18
Freq: 1330.00
Symb: 19.51
Code: 3/4
Format: Combo

Status 5:
Sync: Locked
Eb/No: +8.1
Authorize State: No program Rekey

Last edited:
Is there a menu for VCT? There may be several loaded for various satellites. With my DIR-767 which is a generic DSR4400, it's necessary to determine and select the correct VCT first and from that to select the channels. My model seems to keep some in memory and boots the oldest when new ones download.

Not every satellite transmits the VCT data and some seem to be incorrect or never updated. I use my DSR4200V to verify the data stream when in doubt.

Is there a menu for VCT? There may be several loaded for various satellites. With my DIR-767 which is a generic DSR4400, it's necessary to determine and select the correct VCT first and from that to select the channels. My model seems to keep some in memory and boots the oldest when new ones download.

Not every satellite transmits the VCT data and some seem to be incorrect or never updated. I use my DSR4200V to verify the data stream when in doubt.

Under the 'Channel' menu, you specify the VCT and Channel Numbers:

I'm using:

VCT: 214
Chnl: 409

What output port on the back are you using? Video Out or the OSD Monitor Out? Can you get it to display a test pattern on your TV/monitor?

Also, use the Diagnostic Menu to verify the Unit IRD number matches the one on the label on the outside of the receiver. (To make sure the battery didn't die and wipe out your unit address.)

What output port on the back are you using? Video Out or the OSD Monitor Out? Can you get it to display a test pattern on your TV/monitor?

Also, use the Diagnostic Menu to verify the Unit IRD number matches the one on the label on the outside of the receiver. (To make sure the battery didn't die and wipe out your unit address.)

I'm using the OS Port which allows me to see the Fast Facts and Diagnostics on the TV.

The IRD UA matches the one on the bottom.

Thanks!:up

Progress???

I hooked up the ASI Output to TSReader and the channels on the Xpndr locked are shown.

The DMX audio channels work in TSReader.

Still can't figure out why I can't get anything from the 4410 Audio/Video :confused:

A good satellite to test out a commercial receiver to get the hang off of it is 91W. Plenty of clear channels there with valid VCTs.

With mine I use a BNC to RCA adapter for video and take my pick of the dozen audio screw terminal connectors.

A good satellite to test out a commercial receiver to get the hang off of it is 91W. Plenty of clear channels there with valid VCTs.

With mine I use a BNC to RCA adapter for video and take my pick of the dozen audio screw terminal connectors.

I'll give that a go - thanks!

Transponder 6 has only in the clear audio channels. Channel 409 will not output any video at all, it'll just give you a black screen. You'll only get audio output. Connect the + and ground on the IRD with the screw terminals to your tv or amplifier, for both left and right channels. Use primary audio instead of secondary and you should be getting audio no problem. You probably won't have any video that is FP on that bird, so you might want to try a different satellite.

Transponder 6 has only in the clear audio channels. Channel 409 will not output any video at all, it'll just give you a black screen. You'll only get audio output. Connect the + and ground on the IRD with the screw terminals to your tv or amplifier, for both left and right channels. Use primary audio instead of secondary and you should be getting audio no problem. You probably won't have any video that is FP on that bird, so you might want to try a different satellite.

This works - thanks emuman!

I presume this is why the Alarm is showing, because of no video.

Cheers!:up

There is a setting that triggers the alarm, either loss of video, signal, or authorization. I just turn off the alarm and bypass.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)