DSR530 (StarChoice) and HDMI

TimeHorse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 12, 2005
I know that HDMI is DVI + Audio and my Sony set supports an HDMI-in with separate Audio, so that's what I did:

I hooked the DSR530 with a DVI to HDMI cable (provided with DirecTiVo HD package) + Stereo Analogue audio to the set. But I get no picture.

I then connected the RCA Video (yellow cable) to the video in of another TeeVee input and got the standard searching for signal (I don't have the dish up yet -- that comes tomorrow because it wanted to take a grand tour of Lake Erie, traveling from Plattsburg, NY to Buffalo, NY and back to Plattsburg before heading south :rolleyes:). Anywhoo, any ideas why the DVI-to-HDMI cable isn't working? It's all new. Is there some setting I'm missing in the DSR530?

Thanks again to all you kindly helpers in advance!

I have been reading that thread and others. Seems it is a known bug but can or will be resolved with a Firmware patch shortly. My DSR530 shipped with the 00.A0 Firmware (OS) and most people are on 00.A8 with the target with all the fixes being 00.BC

Also know that the manual is WRONG: DVI does NOT stand for Digital Video Input; the I is for Interface and it IS meant as an output.

So then my question, which is in a way specific to this forum, is this: how do I update my DVR's firmware without a phone line [in Canada]? Or are the updates purely Satellite-based?

I know DirecTV is sporadic with updating new equipment to even the latest OS. I just bought a Hughes HD-10 250 DirecTiVo HD and still have the OEM software. Wish there was a way to give the software a little push to be sent to my receiver in both cases.

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)