DSS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

willie8605

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Oklahoma
Can anyone confirm if the DSS broadcasts from 101W still do not have encryption on the audio?

If I recall correctly, the tuners (or demod) in regular FTA receivers won't handle the non-standard format.
But, some Pci cards can be programmed to receive it.
Has been discussed on the forum in the past.
I know the search function is a challenge, but if no one steps up with better info, it might help ya out.

Yes the audio channels are running with no encryption.I only know of two pci tuners that will do dss (genpix 1/2 & twinhan 1020a "Ver 3.1")

I have a twinhan 1020. Need to check the version number. I've heard of using tsreader for this, but it isn't freeware.

There is a small program(plug-in) DSStoDVB to use for that. There are some folks who use it and discuss it at HappySat.org

There is a small program(plug-in) DSStoDVB to use for that. There are some folks who use it and discuss it at HappySat.org
Never have been able to get into that site. I've tried registering and the question it ask will never given. The question is: The satellites are in. I've tried The Sky, Clark Orbit and geostationary orbit.

whatchel1 said:
Never have been able to get into that site. I've tried registering and the question it ask will never given. The question is: The satellites are in. I've tried The Sky, Clark Orbit and geostationary orbit.

The correct answer is space. Hope this helps! :)

Now the question is how to tune DSS, with my TBS 8921 I was able to blind scan and get those signals but DVBDream and TSReader didn't get it so there's something more than just the plugin to get DSS on PC software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)