DTC 210 Software version

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SMG

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
i have 1.0.14, what is the most current?
how are they made available? phone line?

Not sure of the version number but firmware updates come via a data stream by way of the dish. The phone line is a dial out only modem to process billing for PPV and other remote ordered events.

Last edited:
so, it would be safe to assume that i have the latest software version even if it hasn't been hooked up to a phone line.

My guess is that if it has been on the dish for 15 - 30 days or more then yes; that being said it would be nice to know the exact version number for comparison sake. I am not 100% sure if all possible software upgrades constantly stay in the stream or if they are removed over time.

i have had the receiver since around my join date, and has had daily use since then.
it does bug me that it says the version of software is from 2004, and when speaking with the folks at D* they don't use the right button names when they talk to me.

i have had the receiver since around my join date, and has had daily use since then. it does bug me that it says the version of software is from 2004,

This is actually a great thing of the older MPEG2 units; firware updates were not needed as the receivers were good from day one.

when speaking with the folks at D* they don't use the right button names when they talk to me.

Not sure what that means exactly, but maybe they are reading from the wrong script.

This is actually a great thing of the older MPEG2 units; firware updates were not needed as the receivers were good from day one.

Not sure what that means exactly, but maybe they are reading from the wrong script.

I can sorta understand them getting some button info wrong, seeing D* has constantly changed receivers , I would find it hard to keep up with all the new buttons too.

Well I would think that when the user ID's their make & model, that the CSR should flip to the CORRECT script to trouble THAT particular unit; not use a generic script; thats just asking for issues and when I called in a long time back to add and setup a 2nd used HD MPEG2 unit they in fact asked for specific make & model to get the correct specific info to me.

Well I would think that when the user ID's their make & model, that the CSR should flip to the CORRECT script to trouble THAT particular unit; not use a generic script; thats just asking for issues and when I called in a long time back to add and setup a 2nd used HD MPEG2 unit they in fact asked for specific make & model to get the correct specific info to me.

I guess I hadn't thought about that !

yeah, thats what i mean, i mentioned they may have the wrong script, and he said something about an upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts