DTV - Best installation experience ever!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smyrna

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
West Bumble, GA
Let me start by saying I move around a bit and have had D*, E* and Comcast installed before so i knew what i was getting into but anyway. Yesterday i had a schedualed install of 12-4PM. First off the installer called me monday night at about 8:30PM to let me know he was the one doing the install and ask how to get to my house (I live in the boonies now) and then to my supprise he asked if he could come at around 9AM but he had to pick up an extra HR21 before he came. I have been home sick with the FLU so i said sure! He showed up about 9:30 and immeditly apologized for being late and explained that he had to go meet another installer to get my 2nd DVR. I was cool as my original install was not until noon. He immeditly asked where i wanted the dish. I said on the back corner of the roof right next to my E* dish. He looked at it and asked where he could access the attic, I showed him and he got going. After about 45 min to a hour he found me inside and said he was going to start the inside wiring and i showed him where E* come through the brick in the livingroom because i could not fish it. He ran the livingroom, at this time i asked if i could go get the HR-21's out of the van so I could set them up in my TV Stands and save some time so i could watch some TV!!! He said sure I set them up and before i knew it he was fishing 2 new lines down to the bedroom. He even got his glowrod stuck for about 45 min. Everythnig was done so clean and nice. I was SO HAPPY!!:) By far the best install EVER! If anyone here on this borad lives in Douglas, Chula, Wray or Ocilla Georgia ask for a guy by the name of Tracy if the contractor for you is Brewster and Acc. The guy was so nice and Pro! He would not even accept a Tip from me when he was done. If only every install could go this way!

Last edited:
Wow I've never had an installer like that unless they were a custom installer, but nothing from E* or D* like that. I usually have to fight with them to get something done on time.

Good to know those installers are out there (somewhere).

I'm a happy customer, but my installs have been anything but smooth. I've had 3 installations (original, HR10-250 upgrade, HR20+5-LNB upgrade) which have resulted in a total of 10 installer appointments (and none of them were 'no shows').

Ive had 3 installs since i joined in December and the same guy has come out every time John is his name he is great. I told him if he has any computers questions to call me. He did because he got his new Hr21 and didnt kow how to hook it up to his network. So i went over his house and ran a direct 25ft ethernet cable under his floor to his tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)