DTV/Cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Domf3962

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Old question, I have HDTV I am using Direct tv, I recently had my service installed about two weeks ago at this point I am not happy. I have been a DTV customer for about 5 years and use to like there service, but after I had the HD service insatlled with local antenna I have may problems such as searching for sattelite problems with fox affilate. I am think about going to comcast HD service I hope I am doing the right thing I spent over 400 bucks on A rca DTC210 hd receiver from DTV. I hate like hell to loose my money. I love the the NFL ticket etc but I cant stand loosing my signal, I have called a tech came out and said everything was fine but its not.

My friend has Comcast HD service his only gripe is the analog stations not coming in clear. IF thats the only problem i may do it. But i hope some one hear maybe can help me with some of my DTV problems. COmcast does offer more HD stations at this point. BUt I am still debating. Thanks

It seems like you are having trouble pulling in one of your OTA channels. What is your location so that I can check out the distance to tower and power output of transmitter. What is the signal strength of the fox channel and of other OTA channels? It could simply need to be moved in the correct direction or a bigger antenna might be needed

I live in Aldan,PA. Signal Strength is about 92 overall not surre of the Fox signal. Thanks any help would be appreciatted.

If you got the antenna the installer supplied it is probably too small as they are most of the time. Are either of your major markets Pittsburgh (#22) or Philly (#4)? You might not be far off from the HD locals conversion. I would hold out with D*

just reported to a mod, ran all mapping discs, aldan does not exist in pa

directv does not provide ota antennas

dragon

I dont drink and you still didnt answer what or what you were talking about?

But at this point it no longer matters.

its in PHILADELPHIA market, even if you are unable to get it OTA it should be available by the summer through the sat dish

It seems that fox is 3 degrees different from the other channels their and is a mile further.

I found this on HDTV Pub: The WTXF antenna is several hundred feet lower than the other DTV broadcasters, so the height of your antenna relative to WTXF's may be an issue. It suggests getting a longer pole check out this link

http://www.hdtvpub.com/reception/viewOTAReports.cfm/zipcode_19019/dma_504

dragon002 said:
your post said: me, i said installer
that is all that is showing, so what did you mean??

There is a quotee box from you regarding D* not providing OTA antennas, because your post didnt say who you were directing you comments toward, so I said "ask ME?" as in are you talking to me because I was talking about installers, not D*.

I can see the quote box I my original post, cant you? AND it is directly under that quote YOU made.

"dirctv does not provide ota antennas"

charper1 said:
There is a quotee box from you regarding D* not providing OTA antennas, because your post didnt say who you were directing you comments toward, so I said "ask ME?" as in are you talking to me because I was talking about installers, not D*.

I can see the quote box I my original post, cant you? AND it is directly under that quote YOU made.

"dirctv does not provide ota antennas"

i see the box, directv is not the issue here . directv does not promise ota reception, as voom does that is all i was saying, he was saying he is not happy with directv because of the ota locals, right?? god he would kill himself if he had voom!!

dragon002 said:
charper there is no "ask me"......it says "me"

sorry
me?

dude, do you speak english or even know what you are talking about?

you couldn't even get this right:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Aldan-Pennsylvania.html
7 seconds with google, not some stupid disc.

a question mark implies the asking of a question. when i quote your comment and it is directly under your own post i shouldn't have to type everything out in book form for you to know what is going on.

i just read your other post about spaceway1 mentioning again, like here, that someone needs to shoot themselves, i now see you must be trolling here for fights so i am done. just move on.

charper1 said:
me?

dude, do you speak english or even know what you are talking about?

you couldn't even get this right:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Aldan-Pennsylvania.html
7 seconds with google, not some stupid disc.

a question mark implies the asking of a question. when i quote your comment and it is directly under your own post i shouldn't have to type everything out in book form for you to know what is going on.

i just read your other post about spaceway1 mentioning again, like here, that someone needs to shoot themselves, i now see you must be trolling here for fights so i am done. just move on.

i asked a simple question and wanted a plain answer. sorry! each site is different , as on this one i had no idea that you had to ask to leave a PM. BTW troll this, got it preppy??? if this is an official voom ad site they had better announce it as such. until then my post is as relevant as yours. and if i want to call garbage (VOOM) garbage i have that right. got it??? and the disclaimer says they are not associated or endorsed by any satellite company. got that!
see the ignore button ,use it or close the pie hole?!!!

dragon

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)