Dtv canadian Broker Raided!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boavista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Just an FYI for all of us out there with a dtv sub through a broker, i was told today by mine that they were raided by dave on june 25th. Their well known so this will affect some of us. If were allowed to talk about it, could someone suggest some other brokers. I have a feeling my sub wont last now..

I also used this broker on the left coast and am waiting to be turned off. Have you lost some of your HD channels? I get a "channel not purchased" message. I am also looking to continue my service...looking at a few options.

so far ive been damn lucky and my subs still working fine although i know it wont last for ever. If you do find another broker let me know (even if its for dish instead of dtv) i've looked but no luck so far :(

I am sure DirecTv has that number now that you mentioned in an open public forum where anybody can see that number.

That is a DirecTV number. I'm sure they're going to be thrilled to have a Canadian call about their account.....one that they aren't allowed to have legally. The "help" will probably be the very quick termination. :rolleyes:

If you can't pay for it like the rest of us, then you shouldn't have it. And you aren't allowed to discuss illegal activity in this forum. I have forwarded your info to Directv and Dish Network. Mods, could we ban these users possibly please?

Actually, if you must know, (not that it's any of your business), I have been a Directv customer since 1995. I've always paid for my service and never used a cheater card or did account stacking. I still want to receive Directv and pay for it like anyone else. If that isn't acceptable to you, then maybe you should get over yourself.

If you can't pay for it like the rest of us, then you shouldn't have it. And you aren't allowed to discuss illegal activity in this forum. I have forwarded your info to Directv and Dish Network. Mods, could we ban these users possibly please?

um, he's using a broker which last I checked is OK here

Hell I use a broker for my Canadian TV service here in the US.

They did nothing wrong in our book, they pay for their service. I hope you just misunderstood the point of this thread.

As for the threat of forwarding info - you have no info. Why post something like that. If you suspect hacking or theft, use the report post button (stoplight) to alert the staff. Do not make posts like this.

They did nothing wrong in our book, they pay for their service. I hope you just misunderstood the point of this thread.

As for the threat of forwarding info - you have no info. Why post something like that. If you suspect hacking or theft, use the report post button (stoplight) to alert the staff. Do not make posts like this.
Well, if I'm wrong, then I apologize. But, I wasn't the only one that accused them of illegal activity, yet I'm the only one that you and Iceberg singled out! And if the Canadian broker is legit, then why was he raided and shut down. And why are those posters so vague in what they post? Just curious. And I enjoy this forum, but I'd like to be treated as fairly as everyone else.

um, he's using a broker which last I checked is OK here

Hell I use a broker for my Canadian TV service here in the US.
The difference is that it isn't against US law to receive (or possess equipment capable of receiving) Canadian content.

In Canada, it is a violation of national law to receive DIRECTV.

Well, if I'm wrong, then I apologize. But, I wasn't the only one that accused them of illegal activity, yet I'm the only one that you and Iceberg singled out! And if the Canadian broker is legit, then why was he raided and shut down. And why are those posters so vague in what they post? Just curious. And I enjoy this forum, but I'd like to be treated as fairly as everyone else.

I apologize if I was short. This is the line that upset me: "I have forwarded your info to Directv and Dish Network. Mods, could we ban these users possibly please?"

The idea of forwarding info (that ony staff have any sort of access to - and limited at that) was very upsetting to me. It is just wrong - not to mention how it fits with our privacy policy. Again, the report post button is the best way to handle it.

Many international users use brokers to establish accounts. It is a gray area, and may qualify as illegal, but they're at least paying for their service. It's the people that hack and don't pay that we have a problem with.

Sorry if Iceberg or I upset you, I think we both were a bit suprised with your post.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts