DTV Doesn't work for me

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Once again, thanks for the tips. I got the component working (nothing new, it has worked for hours / a few days at a time and then reboots) but now the picture is all weird. It's too red. The last time this same receiver worked, it was too green. I know it's not my TV because DVDs look fine. Any idea on this? Thanks so much!

It may still be the TV, unless you unplug your DVD player and are connecting the HD receiver to the exact same inputs.

So what are you going to do if you have the same problem after your switch to E*?

I've tried all inputs and all combinations between HDMI, component - DVD player and receiver over the last 2 months and many service calls. It's definitely something on DTV's end. New provider works great.

I've tried all inputs and all combinations between HDMI, component - DVD player and receiver over the last 2 months and many service calls. It's definitely something on DTV's end. New provider works great.

This thread is getting long.
Have you had the box replaced ?

Jimbo

This thread is getting long.
Have you had the box replaced ?

Jimbo

Yes, it is. Much like the whole ordeal itself. Box? As in the receiver? If so, then yes, sadly I had it replaced 4 times.

If I remember correctly, the HD boxes use the three-wire grounded power plug, unlike the SD boxes.

Your ground connection may not be truly at ground potential.

I think I'd buy one of those outlet testers, as suggested before, and make sure I didn't fry the E* receivers also.

And who is your new provider?

If I remember correctly, the HD boxes use the three-wire grounded power plug, unlike the SD boxes.

Your ground connection may not be truly at ground potential.

I think I'd buy one of those outlet testers, as suggested before, and make sure I didn't fry the E* receivers also.

I believe you're right, except one of the receivers was not a three-wired and it didn't work either. I will buy one of the testers and check it out.

And who is your new provider?

It's Comcast. I really didn't want to go back with them, but they were able to get me a decent deal and installation in less than 48 hours after my call.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)