DTV DVR Season Pass

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goldenwoof

Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Hi all,

Please excuse the newbie question, but I have a concern about the Season Pass on DTV's DVR:

Let's say I wanna record a full season of a show that runs on (for example) Mondays from 8pm to 9pm. Will the recording begin at EXACTLY 8pm and end at exactly 9pm? What if the show begins a little before 8pm? Does the DVR kick in when the show actually begins, or when 8pm gets here? Or can you set it up so recording begins a minute or two early and runs a minute or two late to ensure nothing is missed?

Thanks much!

John

goldenwoof said:
Hi all,

Please excuse the newbie question, but I have a concern about the Season Pass on DTV's DVR:

Let's say I wanna record a full season of a show that runs on (for example) Mondays from 8pm to 9pm. Will the recording begin at EXACTLY 8pm and end at exactly 9pm? What if the show begins a little before 8pm? Does the DVR kick in when the show actually begins, or when 8pm gets here? Or can you set it up so recording begins a minute or two early and runs a minute or two late to ensure nothing is missed?

Thanks much!

John

Padding... youll want to pad your favorite shows... it is in the season pass options... I tend to go 1 minute early and 2 minutes later.

If the actual guide list the show as starting X number of minutes early and/or ending Y number of minutes late, then the Tivo will figure this out and record those extra minutes. If the guide shows the show going from 8pm - 9pm then that's all Tivo will record unless you pad the start and stop times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)