DTV horrible company/moron report update (final chapter)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

geaux1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
idiots were supposed to come out today after all my problems with the install they swore up and down to resolve and "get on my roof" to install my dish and never showed up, go figure, just as I told my wife would happen. Fools. Now I can't wait till I call to cancel after I get cable or Dish to come out (which I will wait about amonth to rack up a bill after all the credits they gave me ruin out in case they refuse to prorate my Sunday ticket I can just refuse to pay my balance) and they try to tell me I owe them for the 18 or whatever month commitment I agreed to 2 months age when they put the wrong dish "on my roof" and want me to mail them back this HR10, LOL, that will be a hilarious conversation, especially when they realize no one ever bothered to get me to actually sign their stupid contract with that retarded arbirtration clause so I will be able to sue their ass in Shelby County if they report me to some credit agency and they won;t be able to enforce that thing on me. I'm not even bothering to call and complain.

Geaux,

You have been screaming to no end for days now. We have all been afforded the opportunity to read your concerns and repetative rants. You are losing it. Man relax or you are going to have a stroke. Just leave D* and be happy with cable or Dish.

Last edited:
Leave DTV? Noooo. He wont. Cuz nobody else will tolerate a customer like this. You know what Dish says to guys like that? -"GO F.... YOURSELF! We DONT CARE if you go to other company." Customers like that you dont wanna keep, you want to give them to your enemy.

Dumb tech007, poor guy has no clue about the world and how it works, glad you aren't a businessman, OTOH it's perfectly natural that you aren't. Any company that handles deliveries as incompetently as mine has been handled will have most of their customer base irate and abandon them, period. That's why cable was blindsided when sat. first came on the market, they had a monopoly and cared less. DTV has obviously set up some kind of distribution system where the deliverers of the product in the field are not able to care about the consumer, and that's a fact. Too bad, they have the best product, but they will lose a ton of buss., period. You are clueless.

The problem is that d* and e* often use the same installers in any given area. There is no gaurntee that the installation company that screwed up your d* service wont screw up your e* service.

geaux1 said:
Too bad, they have the best product, but they will lose a ton of buss., period. You are clueless.

No. They wont. DTV has the best trained technicians and the toughest quality control procedures among satellite and cable companies. From what I've seen in my area we are doing by far the best job on installs.

If you not 100% satisfied that doesnt mean its a bad company. Maybe its customer who is never satisfied. Ever thought about that?

Really? Is that what it is when the left hand does not know what the right is doing and someone shows up after they ask me where the dish is and the same company shows up 8 weeks after putting it there with the dumbass statement "we don;t put dish's on roofs" when the freaking commercials show them on roofs? wow, it must be me. Why don't you come down here, these idiots in Memphis sure could use your help, obviously. For the last time, it's not a matter of doing a bad install, it's a matter of doing the install period. The company obviously is not paying downstream enough to get it done, period. I am not saying it's the installers fault, if you had read my first post on this topic it would be obvious. I can see where you would think that just reading this one. While they are the ones not showing uo, etc., it is obvious to me having worked in buss. for many years and having run one a while back, that it's the distribution system and compensation system set up by the parent company responsible for this, not the individual subcontractor who shows up or does not show up at my house. So I blame DTV, not you the techie personally.

And, funny thing is, they called me (after my wife called them as I refuse to call them) and said they will come out on the 18th with the dish and the right person who will get on my roof and install it and it has to wait till then as the HR20 is out of stock, I said too bad guess you lose the race as Comcast is coming this Saturday and unless you show up before then with two HR20's for free I don't GAS out of stock or not and hung up. They then called back and said they will be there tommorow at 9, we will see.

tech007 said:
No. They wont. DTV has the best trained technicians and the toughest quality control procedures among satellite and cable companies. From what I've seen in my area we are doing by far the best job on installs.

If you not 100% satisfied that doesnt mean its a bad company. Maybe its customer who is never satisfied. Ever thought about that?

Have to agree with geaux1, DTV not up to par.

I am new to dtv and have had them out to my house five time in two months and it still not functioning right. I was with Dish for six year never had an issue. But was ready for Sunday Ticket and an HD upgrade.

First install was a hr10 with 3lnb dish and had freezing issues on HD channels from the start (might have been the tree they pointed the dish at). So when the hr20 was released I pushed for the upgrade. After a 3lnb to 5lnb and hr10 to hr20 upgrade, dish relocation (the tree was in the way) and running new cable, it was freezing and had audio drops still. They then sent out a tech who determined I had a bad hr20 box after doing software updates. Of course he didn't have an hr20 and told me to call dtv myself and tell them to send a new one.

So I called after he left and they agreed to send a new hr20 saying it would come Fed-Ex in a day or two. Guess what three days later DTV service person shows up at my door on a sunday unscheduled as I'm driving out. I let him in, replaced the bad box, now a week later I find a new hr20 sitting on my door step when I come home. They really have it together.

I think I have spent more time on the phone with DTV over the last two month than I have watching tv.

P.S. First tech they sent to replace my hr10 with the hr20 and the 5lnb dish didn't have a meter to point the dish, so he connected an old sd box to my tv and used my phone to call his cell phone. He then set my phone in front of the tv while he went out and moved the dish listening to the beeps on his cell (very professional).

Of course I now have two hr20 boxes. Still waiting to see if they bill me for it.

geaux, have you ever thought that your individual situation might not be the norm, as a matter of fact it couldn't be. With 15 million subs do you think they would be in business if it was. So with all of your self pronounced business experience, did anyone ever walk out of your business unhappy? If they would then tell the entire world that your business was a "horrible company" would that be fair. Grow up, stop crying and get your rear end over to Comcrap so we can stop hearing your moron updates, they are moronic!

Chargers06 said:
Have to agree with geaux1, DTV not up to par.

I am new to dtv and have had them out to my house five time in two months and it still not functioning right. I was with Dish for six year never had an issue. But was ready for Sunday Ticket and an HD upgrade.

First install was a hr10 with 3lnb dish and had freezing issues on HD channels from the start (might have been the tree they pointed the dish at). So when the hr20 was released I pushed for the upgrade. After a 3lnb to 5lnb and hr10 to hr20 upgrade, dish relocation (the tree was in the way) and running new cable, it was freezing and had audio drops still. They then sent out a tech who determined I had a bad hr20 box after doing software updates. Of course he didn't have an hr20 and told me to call dtv myself and tell them to send a new one.

So I called after he left and they agreed to send a new hr20 saying it would come Fed-Ex in a day or two. Guess what three days later DTV service person shows up at my door on a sunday unscheduled as I'm driving out. I let him in, replaced the bad box, now a week later I find a new hr20 sitting on my door step when I come home. They really have it together.

I think I have spent more time on the phone with DTV over the last two month than I have watching tv.

P.S. First tech they sent to replace my hr10 with the hr20 and the 5lnb dish didn't have a meter to point the dish, so he connected an old sd box to my tv and used my phone to call his cell phone. He then set my phone in front of the tv while he went out and moved the dish listening to the beeps on his cell (very professional).

Of course I now have two hr20 boxes. Still waiting to see if they bill me for it.
So Chargers06,
Have you ever set up a dish without a meter ???
That one way of doing it...
Did you suggest a better way ?

They flying J, don;t read them, these complaints about DTv are becoming very commonplace, that's what boards are for.

Oh ok, geaux, these boards are here to listen to your continuous moronic rants. I rarely get into it like this with another poster but you son are pathetic. Please just do what you say you are going to do and go to cable or Dish, please, I am begging you, pretty please, hell, I'll pay for it. PLEASE!

Last edited:
FlyingJ said:
Oh ok, geaux, these boards are here to listen to your continuous moronic rants. I rarely get into it like this with another poster but you son are pathetic. Please just do what you say you are going to do and go to cable or Dish, please, I am begging you, pretty please, hell, I'll pay for it. PLEASE!

Priceless !!! :clap :clap :clap :bow

stuart628 said:
what is psychophantic? do you mean sycopahnt? which means to swindle? in which case it has no use here.

I THINK he means sycophant, which means basically a suck-up.

Here is the thing with lack of coordination on part of Directv. Company is huge and its a service company not a production company where you can set distribution channels and controls production process from top down. In service company that has 15 million customers its kinda hard. You have thousands of techs and thousands of csrs. Dozens or even hundreeds call centers. Low paid employees. Key word is competition. You wanna keep your costs down to let you customers pay less for your service. How do you keep costs down? Pay as low as possible to 10 thousand csrs. A lot of people. You cant hire tech vizards who will agree to get 8 bucks an hour. You hire simple folks from welfare programs. They cant be trained if they havent learnd a dam thing through their entire lives. They cant spill. Cant read rite and taip. Hey you gotta see some of the note of work orders we get. Its hilarious.
And by the way we techs cuss and bitch about CSR's as much as you customers do. They cant put together a simple work order. Then customer directs all his anger towards me. Because I cant just hang up the phone. I have to spend next 3 hours at his house.........

tech007 said:
Here is the thing with lack of coordination on part of Directv. Company is huge and its a service company not a production company where you can set distribution channels and controls production process from top down. In service company that has 15 million customers its kinda hard. You have thousands of techs and thousands of csrs. Dozens or even hundreeds call centers. Low paid employees. Key word is competition. You wanna keep your costs down to let you customers pay less for your service. How do you keep costs down? Pay as low as possible to 10 thousand csrs. A lot of people. You cant hire tech vizards who will agree to get 8 bucks an hour. You hire simple folks from welfare programs. They cant be trained if they havent learnd a dam thing through their entire lives. They cant spill. Cant read rite and taip. Hey you gotta see some of the note of work orders we get. Its hilarious.
And by the way we techs cuss and bitch about CSR's as much as you customers do. They cant put together a simple work order. Then customer directs all his anger towards me. Because I cant just hang up the phone. I have to spend next 3 hours at his house.........
Man , you sound like you have my job, almost exactly to the word.
I am as you are the person the sub sees and have to deal with the problem of the subnot having service and waiting on hold forever, so thier pissed and I have to deal with thier anger at the whole company.... seeing I an the one to actually go to thier house I get the greif.
btw, I do telephone repair...
I know exactly what your saying ...
However, most subs are somewhat happy to see me, because thier phone will work again when I leave... So if they are upset whenI get there they are usually fine when I leave....normally anyways.. you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Installing a HR20 with DVD recorder?

Directv Idiots strike again, do yourself a favor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)