Directv Idiots strike again, do yourself a favor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

geaux1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
and call someone else first.

1. Morons come for 7th time to finally put Ku whatever dish on my house after not bringing it the first time only 8 weeks ago, talk about stupid.

2. Get here, after refusing to give it to me for free after promising it and reneging after I have to get ugly, again, and say "we can't get on roofs". WTF? Man, talk about going to lose a lot of buss. if that's true, which I don;t even believe as they have told me 10 diff. things.

3. I call DTV, they say of course thay can get on roofs, then no they can't, yes they can, yada. Then the morons tell me I have to pay someone out of my pocket to get on the roof and they will credit me and by the way we can;t leave the HR20's you ordered until after that's done, huh????? (And to top that off they don;t leave them after we make the final arramgements and the HR10 goes on the fritz a few hours after they leave without leaving the new one, typical.)

4. After being nice for over two hours, or my wife was because at this point I just won't talk to these retards and she called as she knew as soon as I got some corporate double talk i'd just hang up and kick them out of my house and call another service, I finally yanked the phone out of her hand and again told them I am on the computer typing my order online for Comcast to come out, it takes about 5 minutes as we just switched ffrom Time warner in this market and you have until that ends to fix this and I had to cuss and be ugly to boot, after 2.5 hours of being polite, nice and respectfull.

5. Only then did action start happening and some kind of special whatever install is coming Tuesday.

Freaking idiots. And to the guy on here that obviously works for these fools who told me he did not for whatever reason, please don't waste your time making some stupid excuse. These idiots wasted another morning of mine and I still have not called back to demand cmopensation for this inconvenience but trust me will and they better deliver, this is inexcusable. Utterly stupid as they specifically asked me where my dish was before they ame and I told them, on top of the roof about a foot or foot and a half from the edge.

For the record, DTV has a great, as a matter of fact IMO they have the best, product but a horrible distribution and customer service system.

Well, not really, I did call them back and they gave me another HR20 for free FWIW, which may be nothing as whoever they send out may also claim "I also don;t get on roofs" and that will be the end of my dealings with DTV and I will regretably call Dish and Comcast and see who gives me the better offer and either get my ST refunded or not pay DTV whatever I owe and gove my "leased" boxes to the nearest pirating service and flip them off when they cometo pick them up. I am calmer but still seriously ticked about these people wasting my time. One thing for sure, cable guy does not have to get on my roof and his OTA antenna works. But the OTA story is another one of their tall tales they told me that is abig source of my anger for another time I have told on here before.

geaux1 said:
For the record, DTV has a great, as a matter of fact IMO they have the best, product but a horrible distribution and customer service system.
I disagree. They have the worst HD product.

geaux1 said:
and call someone else first.

1. Morons come for 7th time to finally put Ku whatever dish on my house after not bringing it the first time only 8 weeks ago, talk about stupid.

2. Get here, after refusing to give it to me for free after promising it and reneging after I have to get ugly, again, and say "we can't get on roofs". WTF? Man, talk about going to lose a lot of buss. if that's true, which I don;t even believe as they have told me 10 diff. things.

3. I call DTV, they say of course thay can get on roofs, then no they can't, yes they can, yada. Then the morons tell me I have to pay someone out of my pocket to get on the roof and they will credit me and by the way we can;t leave the HR20's you ordered until after that's done, huh????? (And to top that off they don;t leave them after we make the final arramgements and the HR10 goes on the fritz a few hours after they leave without leaving the new one, typical.)

4. After being nice for over two hours, or my wife was because at this point I just won't talk to these retards and she called as she knew as soon as I got some corporate double talk i'd just hang up and kick them out of my house and call another service, I finally yanked the phone out of her hand and again told them I am on the computer typing my order online for Comcast to come out, it takes about 5 minutes as we just switched ffrom Time warner in this market and you have until that ends to fix this and I had to cuss and be ugly to boot, after 2.5 hours of being polite, nice and respectfull.

5. Only then did action start happening and some kind of special whatever install is coming Tuesday.

Freaking idiots. And to the guy on here that obviously works for these fools who told me he did not for whatever reason, please don't waste your time making some stupid excuse. These idiots wasted another morning of mine and I still have not called back to demand cmopensation for this inconvenience but trust me will and they better deliver, this is inexcusable. Utterly stupid as they specifically asked me where my dish was before they ame and I told them, on top of the roof about a foot or foot and a half from the edge.

Do you have a roof with a pitch greater than 4X12?

geaux1 said:
Well, not really, I did call them back and they gave me another HR20 for free FWIW, which may be nothing as whoever they send out may also claim "I also don;t get on roofs" and that will be the end of my dealings with DTV and I will regretably call Dish and Comcast and see who gives me the better offer and either get my ST refunded or not pay DTV whatever I owe and gove my "leased" boxes to the nearest pirating service and flip them off when they cometo pick them up. I am calmer but still seriously ticked about these people wasting my time. One thing for sure, cable guy does not have to get on my roof and his OTA antenna works. But the OTA story is another one of their tall tales they told me that is abig source of my anger for another time I have told on here before.
Roof vs Telephone pole, Comcast will have to go up the pole to do the hook up, D* would have to get on the roof.

btw, someone asked what the pitch of your roof was, I too am curious.

Jimbo

Don't know what the pitch of my roof is, but it is steep so I imagine it exceeds whatever point he was trying to make. Believe it or not this never came up with myriad of folks I talked to, it was getting on the roof period, then it was getting on roofs over living areas, then it was within arms length of the ladder, man it went on for two hours with dozens of changing criteria and excuses,a nd every once in a while someone wuold say of course we always get on the roof, then change their tune after my wife being on hold, bizzare. But there already is a dish on there, the 3 LNB one they swaped out and put on there 8 weeks ago when they have me the HR10.

My house is cable ready as are 99% of the houses in most cities, Comcast will ALWAYS climb up the pole and flip the switch, no BS from them on that, and it's a Comcast employee. This is just ridiculous. In my neighborhood just so happens the wires are underground so the box is on the corner, but that's just unusual.

As to the guy who said this:

I disagree. They have the worst HD product.

Probably true from what I have seen, but I meant overall with ST, hispanic channels, CI, etc. and I am also cmoparing it to PQ and cable on SD channels too so I believe eventually their HD offerings will exceed or be as good as the others which while better are not that much better as there simply is not that much out there. My problem is their horrid distribution and corporate communications system of which I have had enough. I am making no more effort to be nice or attempt to solve any problems. They will come Tuesday and fix it or I leave, period. And if they do, anytime I have another problem I expect service like I get from cable, free, and that includes technicians, dishpointing, whatever, new boxes, I don;t care. I already pay extra box fees cable does not charge so as far as I am concerned that's "insurance" so i'm not paying that too. I will not argue with them, any more disinformation or hagggling and I will just end it or my wife can just deal with them, I won't.

im a directv installer for mastec. we cant get on the roof if its more than 28 degree angle . if we end up falling off that roof we will not be cover by mastec insurance. for safety reason when installing the 5lnb dish i stay on the ladder or do a pole mount. no way in the hell i will carry a 45lbs dish while climbing a steep roof. thats a no no. if thats was only way you could the AT9 dish i will have not waste your time i would have told u go to cable for hd.

locksmith30076 said:
im a directv installer for mastec. we cant get on the roof if its more than 28 degree angle . if we end up falling off that roof we will not be cover by mastec insurance. for safety reason when installing the 5lnb dish i stay on the ladder or do a pole mount. no way in the hell i will carry a 45lbs dish while climbing a steep roof. thats a no no. if thats was only way you could the AT9 dish i will have not waste your time i would have told u go to cable for hd.

No problem with that, I just want some good communication from the top down is all. I would not get on there either. What about this supposed "streamlined" DIsh, when I asked the installers if this would be worth waiting no and they would get on the roof, half said, no, half said absolutely, DTV said "what streamlined Dish", which is an absolute joke and also infuriating because I know there is such a thing.

geaux1 said:
No problem with that, I just want some good communication from the top down is all. I would not get on there either. What about this supposed "streamlined" DIsh, when I asked the installers if this would be worth waiting no and they would get on the roof, half said, no, half said absolutely, DTV said "what streamlined Dish", which is an absolute joke and also infuriating because I know there is such a thing.

It's called the Slimline. It's not out yet, but when it is, you will hear about it here.

hdtvtechno said:
Looks like ur not on here often.... Some people are reporting having the dish allready installed... :rolleyes: ;)
The "Slimline ???"
I would like to see the pictures of someone who does, I don't think it's out yet or it would be available at VE and SS as well for purchase, last I heard was the end of the year.

Jimbo

Of all the people that said they had it, or were told they had the SlimLine installed, most either never posted the pics they promised or when they did it turned out to be the current 5 LNB dish. If anyone knows of a post that contains a post or posts with installed SlimLine dish photos please paste it here so we can see what if it matches the planned version.

Last edited:
hdtvtechno said:
Looks like ur not on here often.... Some people are reporting having the dish allready installed... :rolleyes: ;)

Well, not as often as you are, but I am no newbie. I have heard no credible Slimline sightings. Can you point me to one?

According to DirecTV at GEDIA they are in production and will be used as the stock of AT-9 dishes are exhausted this fall.

hdtvtechno said:
Not at the moment, i had my hard drive crashed and lost all my bookmarks...:(

Did your dog eat your homework, too? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)