DTV HR10-250 Modulator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

triznan

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I had my SD Tivo hooked up to my main TV and built-in modulator output connected to my bedroom television so I could watch the shows I recordered on the Tivo. If I got a second Tivo I would have to keep my Season Pass updated on both... eww

That worked great until I got the HR10-250 HD TiVo. It no longer has a built in modulator. I am using the HDMI to DVI cable on my DLP. Are the other outputs hot? I read old posts that I could take the composite video and audio and modulate it myself but some people mentioned that those outputs were disabled when you had it in 720 or 1080. Is this still true on this model? I know all the ports on the regular HD receivers are always hot.

I really dont want to have to take it from 1080 to 480i every time i want to watch in my bedroom. Are there at least discrete codes for the resolutions or a resultion button?

Any suggestions?

Adam

eww

So the current HD TiVo still disables all the outputs when you are using 720p or 1080i? If i want to watch this receiver on other tv's i need to change it to 480i every time?

Anyone else have this problem?

triznan said:
So the current HD TiVo still disables all the outputs when you are using 720p or 1080i? If i want to watch this receiver on other tv's i need to change it to 480i every time?

That's correct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.