DTV Installers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanj

Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
MD
I met a DTV installer that seems to be a knowledgeable and very well informed.
He told me when I call to order DTV to get the Order ID number from the order and he then could rote the install so he can come out and do the job. He said their company has an install contract for the next 10 yrs.
On-line, I see there are many options to order –

This one has Choice Extra for 34.99 plus 2 free upgrades and ShowTime and starz for 3 months free
http://www.directsattv.com/directv/specialoffers.html

DT site – has Choice Extra for 34.99 with 2 Free upgrades and showtime and starz for 3 months free
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=2700001&CMP=KNC-MC-Google-Res-Main-SEMBrand-SCH-Brand_DIRECTV&dnaomn=85373,8,0,90954146,763009653,1271186788,directv,21967877,4110401049

It appears they all offer the same thing?

Can I select any of these sites and get DTV installed by the installer I met by providing him the order id?

Or

Is there a chance by ordering from on-line sites, a company other than the one that the installer I met works for would get the job?

In other words, is a different installation company used when calling DTV to order as compared to going to an web site like http://www.directsattv.com/directv/specialoffers.html that says free shipping + 50% off for one yr?

I though the installer brought everything?

They are intentionally vague,

I would be interested in the name of a company that has a contract ten years forward.

Regarding the incentives...whatever is offered will require that YOU do exactly what is spelled out or they will come up with a reason to do nothing.

I respect your intention to get a person you have met to come to your home but it has not happened...in my experience. I have had neighbors who I have known for years call Directv an request that I personally do their installation. I won't work for their Home Service Provider (HSP) system. When Directv sent unknown others the customer has canceled at the door. (rare)

You can try but Directv is selling signal. How it is accomplished is up to them. Once installed your system will be a world beater. Getting there is a story with many chapters.

Report how it goes.

Joe

I will check on the name.

What I am asking is that he said their company covers our entire area for installations.

He said if I get him the Order ID he can somehow get it routed to hi installation schedule?

I will check on the name.

What I am asking is that he said their company covers our entire area for installations.

He said if I get him the Order ID he can somehow get it routed to hi installation schedule?

What the installer tells you is the truth. If you liked the guy, stick with him and give him a call.

ok,,thanks

Does that mean I can Order DTV from any on-line site and the company of the installer I met does the install providing I get him an order id?

ok,,thanks

Does that mean I can Order DTV from any on-line site and the company of the installer I met does the install providing I get him an order id?

Probably not .....

What company did this installer work for ?
D* or an independent ?

If he worked for D* you'll want to call D* and set it up, ask D* for the installation company 's number and you can call and ask for your installer, can't hurt to try, you may get lucky. :)

If he worked for an independent, you'll have to go thru them if you need this installer.

I think he is an independent..
He gave me a paper with a company name on it. He had all of his equipment in a old blue van,,,not a DTV Van..

He seemed pretty sure that all I needed to do was get him the order number and he knew who to call to get the work routed to him...

I think he is an independent..
He gave me a paper with a company name on it. He had all of his equipment in a old blue van,,,not a DTV Van..

He seemed pretty sure that all I needed to do was get him the order number and he knew who to call to get the work routed to him...

Not being in a D* van is not a problem, they have plenty of sub contractors doing installs.

if you had his tech number, you could say i only want this tech to do this.. i will deny any other techs. i often had customers perfer me and always get me at their door when i gave them my tech number when they call in for me. Even if they had an upgrade or a SC... the got me one way or another.

if you had his tech number, you could say i only want this tech to do this.. i will deny any other techs. i often had customers perfer me and always get me at their door when i gave them my tech number when they call in for me. Even if they had an upgrade or a SC... the got me one way or another.

There is the ghost thing,

For months after I told the DirectSatUSA sub no more work until paid I got calls from their Philly CSRs requesting ETAs to jobs I was not assigned and was not going to do.

Even if you die or get a real job your number will be out there.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)