DTV Local Channels HELP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RVTraveler

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
DirecTV support gave up on me.
We travel with a HR22-100 and Slimline 3 Multiswitch dish.
Even though I can get locks on 101, 99 and 103 we can't get our local channels (Seattle) while in Phoenix.
DTV says our local channels are on 99c and all 14 transponders are 80% plus.
We get zeros on 99s but DTV say no issue.
I have reset the receiver and it has the b-band converters.
Everything is good SD and HD except the local channels.
Any hints or solutions are welcomed!
Ps: DTV has had me switch between Slimeline3 and Slimeline5 setups. It doesn't seem to matter even though the dish only has 3 physical LNBs.
Thanks to anyone that can help.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

You can't get your local channels from Seattle in Phoenix because they are on a spot beam. The signal doesn't reach as far as Phoenix.

yeah unfortunately loclas only go about 150-200 miles from the city of service (also known as spotbeams)

if you travel in a RV you could get a RV waiver that will give you locals from LA.

BTW, your local hd channels are on 99s transponders 16 and 20.

RVTraveler,

Chip gave you the location of the locals99s and transponders 16 and 20, however, when your out side of that 200 mile range that Ice mentioned you won't receive your locals, you may be elsewhere and see a strong number on those transponders, but thats only because these get used for various markets thruout the country.

So if your finding strong signal outside of your area it's because they use that transponer for the city in your area.
You also won't get that local as your not subbed to it.

Good point Jimbo, thanks for mentioning it.

raoul5788 said:
Good point Jimbo, thanks for mentioning it.

Was just explaining why the OP may see strong signals on his transponders and not get his locals.

Now IF the OP is gona be staying in one place for awhile, he could always Call D* and see if they will turn on the locals from the city he's near.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

RVTraveler said:
DirecTV support gave up on me.
We travel with a HR22-100 and Slimline 3 Multiswitch dish.
Even though I can get locks on 101, 99 and 103 we can't get our local channels (Seattle) while in Phoenix.
DTV says our local channels are on 99c and all 14 transponders are 80% plus.
We get zeros on 99s but DTV say no issue.
I have reset the receiver and it has the b-band converters.
Everything is good SD and HD except the local channels.
Any hints or solutions are welcomed!
Ps: DTV has had me switch between Slimeline3 and Slimeline5 setups. It doesn't seem to matter even though the dish only has 3 physical LNBs.
Thanks to anyone that can help.

THANKS EVERYONE for giving me the clues to ask DTV the right questions.
Once I asked DTV to give me the Phoenix local channels instead of the Seattle locals my problem was solved in minutes.
While RVing we are really only interested in getting the national broadcasts, ABC, CBS, etc. So now when we are camped outside our Seattle spot beam area I will call DTV to authorize the DVR for what ever city makes sense. There was no charge for doing this, just a caution that I don't call too often to change locations. They wouldn't tell what "too often" means, I guess I'll find out when we leave Phoenix for Palm Springs next month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts