DTV OTA Channel data

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

satcom1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Near Chicago
I looked on the NAB and FCC websites to find Symbol and Pid assignment for transponders but no luck. Does anyone know of a list that shows each OTA transponder data?

Well... I don't know if anyone has such data. If you get a 8VSB OTA HDTV tuner for your PC, you might be able to pull the PSIP stream data out of each TV signal you get, and then analyze the PSIP data to find what you are looking for.

Yep, i can do that. But I don't know from that how many symbol rates can be assigned and what they are. There is probably some structure to symbol, apid, vpid and sid. It may be in some IEEE document but because it's in the data stream of the transponder the FCC doesn't care. So far I know of only 192800 SR/8VSB, I wonder if there are others and if they are assigned by class of service. Just my EE coming out.

I think only the one symbol rate is allowed, but I'm not really sure.

I think they should actually let TV stations voluntarily reduce SR and/or increase FEC to improve reception. Some of the stations like religious, independents, etc - while they will go digital, they may not ever go HD, and some of them aren't even interested in multicasting. So why not let them use that extra bandwidth to increase their effective coverage area and signal reliability?

I think only the one symbol rate is allowed, but I'm not really sure.

I think they should actually let TV stations voluntarily reduce SR and/or increase FEC to improve reception. Some of the stations like religious, independents, etc - while they will go digital, they may not ever go HD, and some of them aren't even interested in multicasting. So why not let them use that extra bandwidth to increase their effective coverage area and signal reliability?
Wont that bleed over to signals close by?

ATSC DTV is a different relhm. In Analog bleed over is a problem and therefore guard channels are used. In Digital streaming not a problem. In fact CDMA lives in a swirls of mixing data streams that are decoded with less error then tdma or gsm signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts