DTV Pal

FreeDTVShop.com has started accepting pre-orders today

FreeDTVShop.com has started accepting pre-orders today
for coupon dates 6/20 and beyond.
FreeDTVShop.com - NTIA Approved Coupon Eligible Converter Boxes!

pre-orders cost $42.50
Flat Rate Shipping has moved to $9.99 due to the recent USPS price changes.

With Two Coupons
Two DTVPal would cost $14.95
This is becaue of his FLAT RATE SHIPPING

John the owner says they will stay at that price until (if) there is a shift in his wholesale pricing

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=DTVPAL-TR40 still not accepting pre-orders with a coupon yet.

They are selling the DTVPal for $48.99 without a coupon and $9.95 for shipping if these prices remain constant it will cost $18.94 for one DTVPal once they start accepting coupons.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what is so special about this box that everyone is having orgasms whenever the name is mentioned?

I am trying to pick out which boxes I want. Is it DVR capable with an external HD? It doesn't look like it.

None of the boxes eligible for the coupons is DVR capable etc. In fact that is not even allowed. It simply has a lot of features they want.----and you can get one for $39.99 before the $40.00 coupon.

What if the coupon expires on 6/17????
You should ask John about it either through his website's contact us form:

And they will send you a eMail back with the answer.

That or you can call them at 1-877-EZ-DTV09 (1-877-393-8809)

You will however probably have to leave a messages as they have been getting swamped with DTVPal Orders.

I have contacted John both ways and he is quick to respond.

He has also visited the AVS Forum and that is how I know about the 6/20 date. However, his free time to surf the forums has been hard to find these days because of orders.

You can also tell him that I sent you and I am sure he might be able to work with you if he can but it ultimately depends on the stupid NTIA 60 day rule.

I am not sure how Provantage thinks they are getting around that rule when they started taking Pre-Orders - I think they were just after expiring coupons.

Good Luck

Actually, when you think about it, something like. "You know, one of those doohickeys that makes my TV work again." More then likely, that's what they are going to be called by the majority of buyers. At least that's what my wife thinks...

So, "TV Doohickey" would be the best choice.

We're in a Dish forum so I would think the Dish product would be the one most people would be wondering about.

I wouuld say more but I feel I would brush up against something I want to avoid.

You should ask John about it either through his website's contact us form:

And they will send you a eMail back with the answer.

That or you can call them at 1-877-EZ-DTV09 (1-877-393-8809)

Good Luck

Thanks Malouff, John did answer quickly and here what he said:
"Our margin on this item is very small, so we can't spend time juggling coupons if there happens to be a 1 or 2 day delay on the delviery. We have been told by our supplier to expect delivery between 6/16 and 6/20, so we are proceeding with cuation so that we don't disappoint anyone and cause a lot of extra work for ourselves. Our hands are tied by the government policy that we can't redeem the coupon before we have product in our supply chain."

So I guess it's against the law to take a coupon unless you have stock in hand and I will not be able to use my coupons for the Dish box.

Can someone tell me what is so special about this box that everyone is having orgasms whenever the name is mentioned?
The thing that is so special about the DTVPal compared to other Coupon Eligible Converter Boxes (CECB) is the TVGuide EPG price and unique features .

Having used the TVGuide vs PSIP EPG like all the other CECBs the DTVPal will get features provided by having paid to use the TVGuide:
Programming search
Search by name for the shows you want to watch

Event timer
Set a timer to turn your DTVPal on and tuned to the desired channel before your favorite show starts playing

Detailed On-screen program guide
See what’s showing on every channel with the on-screen program guide

The other thing about the DTVPal is it is the cheapest CECB.

Last edited:
langlin

I thought that was what would happen.
Try contacting this person, again I don't know what Francie can do for you but should know more about the DTVPal side of things.

Francie Bauer
Manager, Corporate Communications
DISH Network Corporation
EchoStar Corporation

I however have tried contacting Francie about the DTVPal's performance since what could be considered it's extended family because they are using a lot of the same parts but don't share the TVGuide - the Falcon Digital CECBs (Sansonic, Gridlink, etc.,) have not been getting very good reviews.

He didn't reassure me of anything and told me:
"Apparently we’re already working with the NTIA to make sure we’re good to go."

I am going to take a gamble on the DTVPal but would have liked it to have been a LG based box.

The Zenith/Insigina and other LG based boxes like the MicroProse I was recommending and still would once the Analog Pass-Through model is allowed to be places on the NTIA certified list are all LG based boxes and have been getting the best reviews and should as LG helped develop ATSC (Digital TV)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)