DTV R10's due out anyday now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DTV-T2-Tech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
We just received the info on these dvr's at work, they do have the folder's in the now playing list's, and a few other feature's that the current directivo's don't have. I'm still finding out info, will report back when I learn more. :yes

I'm not saying I know anything and I could be completely wrong.

But I am highly skeptical that it will be out anyday now.

Also what are these other features you are talking about ?

The manual for the R10 is up on DirecTv's website.

R10 Manual

Page 73 does talk about folders and the back inside cover where the icons are explained certainly does detail out the various folders that might be available.

“Plain” folder – contains more than one episode of the same
series.
Folder with red dot – for any group that includes a program that
is currently recording or transferring.
Blue folder with star – contains one or more programs recorded
by a WishList search.
Folder with Thumbs UpTM – contains all programs recorded as
Suggestions.
Green folder with star – contains one or more programs recorded
by a paid auto-recording package.

It appears to come with the peanut remote (again according to the user's guide).

I couldn't find much else about other features in looking at the guide. The USB ports are still labeled "for future use".

Now - the $64,000 question - is a software upgrade in the near future for all of us without R10 units? Do we finally get folders too?

I don't think there is any disputing that the r10 comes with some sort of folders it has been documented on several dealer sites and I think Dtv Dealer confirmed it. I am interested in the other features mentioned above.

Usually when the receiver's appear in our data base, they usually start hitting the public within the next few week's, The features I'm talking about are new way's to find and organize program's, I'm still learning myself. We supposed to get one with in a week. I'll no more then

DTV-T2-Tech said:
Usually when the receiver's appear in our data base, they usually start hitting the public within the next few week's, The features I'm talking about are new way's to find and organize program's, I'm still learning myself. We supposed to get one with in a week. I'll no more then
Let us know the software version when you get it! Rumor has it in the "forum which must not be named" :p that DirecTV is skipping the 4.x software and will be releasing a 6.x version.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts