DTV Tivo one cable set up question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyclap

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Looking into getting the TIVO for DTV but would like to know how the functionality of the TIVO is limited when only hooked up with one cable? I am not sure if I want to go through the hassel of running a 2nd cable to the location where the TIVO would be located or the expense of purchasing a stacker.

With only one cable you can record one channel while watching a previous recording.

With two cables you can record two channels while watching a previous recording or watch one channel live while recording a second.

The hassle is well worth it. For the cost of the stacker solution you could probably run several lines to anywhere in your house.

Welcome to Satelliteguys andyclap...No you can not watch live TV while recording with only one cable. Well you can watch the channel you are recording but not another live channel.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

If you are ordering this through Directv and are getting the installation they will run a 2nd coax for this.

Another 2nd cable question...

I plan to get an HD DVR (probably the HR-250) and DO want 2 cables feeding it. Re the picture below, the square box toward the top presently has 2 lines running from it to 2 Sat receivers located in different parts of my home. They are labeled Ant 1 and Ant 2. The two empty ports are labeled Ant 3 and Ant 4. If I were to run a line from Ant 3 to my HR-250, would that set me up for full 2 channel recording?

Attachments

• Sat.JPG
    Sat.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 215
Just curious...

Is the square box toward the top of my D* antenna a "stacker?"

Attachments

• Sat.JPG
    Sat.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 180
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)