dtv36eds world direct CENTRAL TEXAS INSTALL HELP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

r0shan

Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
76501 Central Texas
i live in temple texas and was installing a dtv36eds for 101 and 95, international chans. world direct dish... i got a zinwell [FONT=Arial, Verdana]WB68 switch properly hooked up as in the picture attached, but i am having HELL trying to lock 95, would you have any suggestions or tricks? i am using a small cheap sat finder, according to the paperwork that came with the dish it tells me to connect the 95 lnb directly to the sat finder and reciever, but i cant get a thing, am i doing something wrong, and what skew, el, az should i be aiming for, my lat and long is [/FONT]Temple TX 31.09°N 97.39°W (Elev. 646 ft)

I am having a HELL of a time, i know its going to take some time and work, but i just needed some guidance.

Attachments

• ODDTU87_install_02.gif
    ODDTU87_install_02.gif
    55.5 KB · Views: 257
First off, make sure that you're getting signals from 101W and not from some other satellite.

Second, inspect the dish to make sure it isn't bent and the mast is absolutely plumb.

Consider the possibility that the 95W LNB is bad.

95W is going to be relatively picky about aiming so you'll probaby need to tinker with the elevation a bit.

Self-installing is overrated.

Ok i will try it the other way and try to lock 101 first i am using a world direct dish for clarification, how do i connect the 101 to test it first? i know i was told to connect the 95 lnb directly, but 101 has two outputs do i just use one of them, and the dish set up is BRAND new so lnb isnt bad at all, dish isnt bent or nothing either, is there a way to test out the 95 lnb without using the switch?.......ill keep trying but ill wait till its a little bit cooler outside in the evening ... triple digit weather right now :( so hot.....

self installation is overrated but its the cheaper route, all the installers in the area were asking $200+ to install and so forth. thanks for the quick reply.

i know i was told to connect the 95 lnb directly, but 101 has two outputs do i just use one of them,
If you set the slant correctly, 101W will be there.
and the dish set up is BRAND new so lnb isnt bad at all, dish isnt bent or nothing either, is there a way to test out the 95 lnb without using the switch?
New equipment can fail and it can certainly be damaged in storage or shipping. Try this thread that you apparently missed when you searched for help on this topic: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/100461-i-need-advices-experienced-installers.html
self installation is overrated but its the cheaper route, all the installers in the area were asking $200+ to install and so forth.
If you're eligible and subscribe to DIRECTV international service, DIRECTV would have given you the hardware and installed it for free. Free hardware and free installation is probably a lot less than you've got tied up in it now.

all is solved!..took a lot of work but got both 101 and 95 working GREAT....please mod you can close this thread...

i want to give an extra special thanks to thetech2009 (Scot) .... you helped the most. thanks again.

all is solved!..took a lot of work but got both 101 and 95 working GREAT....please mod you can close this thread...

i want to give an extra special thanks to thetech2009 (Scot) .... you helped the most. thanks again.
Glad you got it! :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts