DTVSDLNB Slimline (4 output) and D12-100 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RKINNC75

Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
I have a slimline dish with 3 physical LNB's, but it appears to be 5 LNB's total from what I gathered from the model number DTVSDLNB with 4 outputs that I'm trying to install at my vacation house.

I have my D12-100 (std) receiver from my house, and it has a filter on it. I have one of the 4 outputs of the dish connected directly to the receiver (with the filter inline).

I believe I have a SWM (don't know what that means, newbie to DTV) dish at my house, and I think the vacation dish isn't SWM.

So far I haven't been able to aim the dish correctly, but that may be just incorrect settings when I'm testing.

1) Is this setup possible?
2) For the setup, should I have "Slimline 5", and "MultiSwitch"?
3) Do a need the filter?

Any other advice?

Thanks!

I have a slimline dish with 3 physical LNB's, but it appears to be 5 LNB's total from what I gathered from the model number DTVSDLNB with 4 outputs that I'm trying to install at my vacation house.

I have my D12-100 (std) receiver from my house, and it has a filter on it. I have one of the 4 outputs of the dish connected directly to the receiver (with the filter inline).

I believe I have a SWM (don't know what that means, newbie to DTV) dish at my house, and I think the vacation dish isn't SWM.

So far I haven't been able to aim the dish correctly, but that may be just incorrect settings when I'm testing.

1) Is this setup possible?
2) For the setup, should I have "Slimline 5", and "MultiSwitch"?
3) Do a need the filter?

Any other advice?

Thanks!

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

A swm lnb has one cable, the regular type has up to four, so you may have a swm at home and a regular one at the vacation house. If the menu says swm when you open it, then that's most likely what you have at your house. Yes, you have to change to the Slimline 5 and multiswitch. Since it's not an hd receiver, I don't think the bbc is necessary.

The D12 has to be connected to the dish at the vacation home before you go through satellite setup. Then make sure you select "multiswitch" first in the setup menu. You will then be able to select the slimline 5.
The filter you have might be a BBC, but more likely is a band stop Filter (BSF). This is used in Whole Home DVR installations when you have an SD receiver, which can't participate in WHDVR but is still connected to the SWM system. It filters out the WHDVR signals so they don't overload the D12 tuner. You don't need it when the D12 is not in a WHDVR network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts