Avoiding new service gotchas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryansebiz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Hey guys - I just signed up for the DirecTV Choice Xtra package. I'm trying to avoid any gotchas by cancelling:

• 3 months HBO/Showtime/Stars package
  • NFL Sunday Ticket

My question is, when is the earliest I can cancel these packages without losing the promotion. For example, if I called today to cancel the HBO/Showtime/Stars package, would I still have the promotion for the next three months?

Besides the early termination fee, are there any other gotchas I should try to avoid?

Hey guys - I just signed up for the DirecTV Choice Xtra package. I'm trying to avoid any gotchas by cancelling:

• 3 months HBO/Showtime/Stars package
  • NFL Sunday Ticket

My question is, when is the earliest I can cancel these packages without losing the promotion. For example, if I called today to cancel the HBO/Showtime/Stars package, would I still have the promotion for the next three months?

Besides the early termination fee, are there any other gotchas I should try to avoid?

If you cancel them now you will lose them now. Just make a note on a calendar to call in a few days before your 3 months are up to cancel the movie packages. Sunday Ticket can be canceled after the season is over in January.

The more common gotcha = The FREE, basic installation gets you an appropriate dish mounted on your building and cable to run the receivers you have ordered. The installer will connect a landline phone if it is in the same room. He will show you how to operate the system and call Directv to activate it.

There is a charge for everything else. Having said that, everything is negotiable but you should know before any work begins what extra charges there will be.

AND there are exceptions. IF the installer who arrives is an independent contractor he will have an approved custom work charge list. Occasionally the required work will exceed the approved list price and the wise tech will just pass on doing the work. Another tech on another day may have a better price. OR the tech who arrives will be a Directv employee, who will have different instructions.

So you should ask. Most jobs go in without additional charges. Some jobs are not possible at any price.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)