Dual Feed Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fafhrd2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Fairmont WV
Just got a 10 ft. mesh dish and I have a dual feed Chapparal set with Ku LNB phemt .rated at 0.7 db gain, and C band hemt LNB at 20 degrees. I wish to aim the dish at 99 W to get the Network channels from Puerto Rico / Virgin Is.
Can I hook up the C band LNB directly to my receiver (Humax 3150) completely bypassing the Polarotor servo that is attached to the Chapparal, and get either H only or V only channels on G16C? If so, would I set the LNB power to On or Off from receiver menu? Please forgive any blatant factors I overlooked!

Welcome fafhrd2, I'll take a poke at this, and them maybe somebody else will jump in (that actually knows something! :D ).

May have misunderstood your question but I don't think it matters if you have your polarotor hooked up (or not), you should be able to receive one polarity if everything is setup properly. And you can change from H to V manually if you want.

Would also guess that you want your LNB power turned to on, also.

Just got a 10 ft. mesh dish and I have a dual feed Chapparal set with Ku LNB phemt .rated at 0.7 db gain, and C band hemt LNB at 20 degrees. I wish to aim the dish at 99 W to get the Network channels from Puerto Rico / Virgin Is.
Can I hook up the C band LNB directly to my receiver (Humax 3150) completely bypassing the Polarotor servo that is attached to the Chapparal, and get either H only or V only channels on G16C? If so, would I set the LNB power to On or Off from receiver menu? Please forgive any blatant factors I overlooked!

Puerto Rico Channels are on Intelsat 1R 45 degree C band:
Intelsat 1R at 45.0°W - LyngSat

Wapa, Telemundo, Univision

http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy16.html
ABC, CW anf FOX are at the 99.0

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)