Dual Hopper / 2 OTA module Question

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
MattG is going to working up a Hopper with Sling install for me, to go along with my current Hopper and Joey. My plan is to use the old Hopper in my bedroom with an OTA module, and use the HWS in the living room with an OTA module. I assume this is possible and would give me 8 tuners to record from (6 sat and 2 OTA)?

MattG is going to working up a Hopper with Sling install for me, to go along with my current Hopper and Joey. My plan is to use the old Hopper in my bedroom with an OTA module, and use the HWS in the living room with an OTA module. I assume this is possible and would give me 8 tuners to record from (6 sat and 2 OTA)?

11 including PTAT :) .

Yepp, I had Directv when MRV started and had two HR22's, loved it. I split my weekly recordings up between the two and you never really knew the difference.

One more simple question. I get that things recorded one either Hopper can be played back on the other, but is there anyway for one Hopper to say view something off the other Hoppers OTA tuner live? Reason I ask is my local Fox 10 is hard to get, and the one in the bedroom should pull it in while the one in the living room will not.

I guess I could always start recording in the bedroom then go into the living room and start playback to watch the OTA tuner in another room. Mainly thinking about Fball.

Yes, two indoors. I could do it differently, but it would be a pain and we are going to be moving in a year or two. If its something I really want to watch on OTA, I'll just start it recording in the bedroom and then play it back in the living room. It'll be rare that happens anyways.

Just start recording the OTA signal and then use the other Hopper to watch the DVR'd OTA program with only a few seconds delay.

Just start recording the OTA signal and then use the other Hopper to watch the DVR'd OTA program with only a few seconds delay.

10-4, that was the plan. There is something about our local Fox, and I think my OTA antenna in the living room wont get the frequency, plus its lower power. Its not big deal, Ill be setup in both rooms and can do it as needed.

I need to consider an EHD now, Im running over 150 hours behind on my one hopper. If it fails Ill lose a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts