Dual lnb mounting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I am working on getting a motorized c band setup. I had a dual chaparral feedhorn and put 2 new 13* lnbs on it. Can someone tell me how this should be skewed? I have included a few pictures of it. Ive read 9 o clock and 6 o clock. I hope I have them mounted the proper way. Any information will be appreciated. I will be running them into a zinwell 6x8 on 13 and 18 volt ports then to discqe 1 x4.
Also need information on a von weise mover. I have a used one and would like to grease it before putting it up and it has a rubber cover that covers the motor and about 6 inches up the tube. How can this be taken apart.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    386.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    613.1 KB · Views: 128
When the offset LNB is pointing straight down at 6 o'clock when the dish is at it's apex (south) then the offset LNB will be the vertical and the center LNB will be the horizontal.

All Von Weiss motors I ever had would allow you to screw the tube completely out so you can then grease the nut and the Acme thread rod.

When the offset LNB is pointing straight down at 6 o'clock when the dish is at it's apex (south) then the offset LNB will be the vertical and the center LNB will be the horizontal.

All Von Weiss motors I ever had would allow you to screw the tube completely out so you can then grease the nut and the Acme thread rod.

Thanks for the reply,
I think you have explained it so I have understood. I did not till I read it a couple times then looked in the feedhorn with the offset at the 6 o clock position and see the part inside the feedhorn pointing down and the center lnb small metal rod part horizontal.
I will see if I can unscrew the Von Weiss tube for the grease. thanks

I pulled the boot off from the motor. It is a model v76-80 I googled the model and only one link came up. It was Sadoun forum and that will never open for me just reloads every couple seconds. Is this model a 18" or 24"?
I had a old Arc Finder dc manual mover with the up and down buttons. Hooked it up to it and it moves out but will not move back in unless I reverse the red and black wire. I think the one button on my Arc finder is bad. And the counter always read 362 on the finder. I hooked up 2 wires, brown and blue that was in the wire bundle which I would have thought would make the counter work but it did not. Can someone tell me what the brown and blue wires that go down into the motor are and if possible that I have a bad part in there? thanks for the information

If you have access to an ohmmeter, check for proper operation of the reed sensor. It will make and break contact as the actuator moves. Fairly easy to replace. Radio Shack carries them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.