Dual LNBF upgrade questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What is the size of the dish you have? The Glorystar dish you get is 90 cm and I recommend that size to better get the weaker ones.

Congratulations James!:hatsoff:
It is harder to set up dual lnbs - it is always a compromise - when peaking one the other will suffer a bit. Because both LNB's are 2° off center, you will never get as good a signal as an "on center" properly tweaked single LNB.
Bob

The channels on AMC4 are stronger so the 2 degree offset is minor. My channels stayed at or near the same as if it was dead on.

Iceberg, I agree. 3ABN remained exactly the same. LLBN {my favorite} remained almost if not the same. Hope, did dip to approx 50, but picture appears healthy.

Thanks for all your help. it really helped - james

So long as you have a solid lock on the signal a 50 or even a 30 is fine. On some of the weaker transponders, especially on G25 I have a low signal. But so long as it's a lock above 20 or so the picture comes in fine. But that low just means it will go out quicker in heavy rain.

Kinda like DirecTV, a 50 signal is just as good as a 98 signal in terms of picture quality. It's just that 50 signal will go out a lot quicker in rain then will the 98.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)