Dual Locals with antenna.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
I',m sure that this has been discussed somewhere in the past,so forgive me in advance.I live in the Baltimore/Washington area and OTAs from both cities can be picked up with an antenna. Is it possible to mount some sort of antenna on or near the dish and connect it to my receiver or TV so I can watch the Baltimore channels which are not available to me on DTV.

I',m sure that this has been discussed somewhere in the past,so forgive me in advance.I live in the Baltimore/Washington area and OTAs from both cities can be picked up with an antenna. Is it possible to mount some sort of antenna on or near the dish and connect it to my receiver or TV so I can watch the Baltimore channels which are not available to me on DTV.
Are you wishing to multiplex the OTA into your cabling for the D*? I can't see how you would do that, BUT if you're just wanting to have the OTA and you already have a digital tuner on your TV, it's easy. I do this with the Dayton, OH, locals while receiving the Cincy locals on D*. Maybe you've already considered this. If you are wanting to use your D* tuner to access the OTA signal, then someone else will have to address as I'm not sure of the model # for the receiver you'll need.:cool:

Assuming you reciever has a OTA input or you have a AM21, when you run the setup for OTA, you can enter in a primary and secondary market zipcode (LOL, in fact, the AM21 pamphlet uses the DC/Baltimore area as an example!).

I further assume you have an antenna already. If not, you need to get one. Based on info from AntennaWeb.org, you can determine how strong a unit you need. You'll want a UHF one, like a Channel Master 4228. The antenna can be on your roof or in your attic (mine is).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)