Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Im going to set up a third C band dish maybe this month after i pick it up next weekend, and the wheels are turning as I contemplate a first ever install of a 10 ft C band mesh and a DUAL output DMX242.

I've been looking on the forum for a discussion of wiring for a dual out LNBF, but haven't found it yet. I will be installing this new 10 ft dish about a 100 ft out from the house. I will be using siamese RG6 from the dish into the house, mainly because I have so much of it, but I was going to just run this twin coax into an existing 3x8 switch in my MEDIA center box and then to various rooms someday, as I only have two or three outputs on the switch used now. The 3x8 is a standard horiz/vert and OTA input with 8 ports out. Dilexer's at the other ends. (I know, the coax is a mess)

will this work? I really prefer the single, but have two of these DMX242 LNBF's sitting collecting dust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    767.5 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 213
Yep, the 3x8 will work just fine. Hook one lnb output to H input, and the other to V. Then you can hook multiple receivers up, and they can tune any channel in on whatever satellite the dish is pointed to. In effect you'd then have a poor-mans orthomode feed setup.

Yep, the 3x8 will work just fine. Hook one lnb output to H input, and the other to V. Then you can hook multiple receivers up, and they can tune any channel in on whatever satellite the dish is pointed to. In effect you'd then have a poor-mans orthomode feed setup.

Thanks. Im sure there will be questions later.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)