Duluth, MN TV station goes silent temporarily

KCWV has started Construction on their new tower
looks like they could return to the air shortly before the Sept. 16 deadline.

Funny how originally the owner said "a few months"....its coming up on a year

Besides AMG TV, Is there a chance KCWV will carry between 1 to 2 channels of programming on a DTV Subchannel?

As I said in post 15 doubt it.

doubt it. If you look at Flinn's other stations its just one SD channel (except in Memphis where he cross promotes 2 stations) so why would you think he would add subchannels?

Contiunually asking the same thing over and over everywhere when the answer pretty much has been posted previously isnt going to change anything.

Last edited:
Back on the air

KCWV/27 (Duluth) returned to the air over the weekend after a year-long silence for tower reconstruction. The station is again carrying AMG TV, a general-interest network with lesser-known programming. KCWV signed on in 2009 and has never sold local advertising. It had been broadcasting from the original KDAL-TV tower on Duluth's Observation Road until the tower was dismantled last year; a new, shorter tower was erected last month in its place

If and when KCWV-TV (Channel 27.1) goes back on the air sometime next month.

Do you think they'll add 5 more subchannels such as This TV, Antenna TV, Heroes & Icons,
Buzzr, and Decades?
It would be alot easier to call Flynn broadcasting to see if they would add anything else......We don't know the station was off for 51 weeks and nothing was mentioned on any broadcast/tv websites that update changes on a daily basis....then the Twin Ports dma is going through some other chances so who knows......If something is added, IF, you can bet that it will replace AMGTV and only that, like I said it was off the air for some lengthy time span.....

It would be alot easier to call Flynn broadcasting to see if they would add anything else......We don't know the station was off for 51 weeks and nothing was mentioned on any broadcast/tv websites that update changes on a daily basis....then the Twin Ports dma is going through some other chances so who knows......If something is added, IF, you can bet that it will replace AMGTV and only that, like I said it was off the air for some lengthy time span.....
See post 15

doubt it. If you look at Flinn's other stations its just one SD channel (except in Memphis where he cross promotes 2 stations) so why would you think he would add subchannels?

It was AMGTV before the tower change

The 4 off the air have never been on the air. they are just active construction permits. Doubt they would ever go on the air. The 2 translators for KQDS are actually analog right now. Whether or not red river actually upgrades all of their analog translators to digital....only they know.

Yeah Duluth's market TV wise is pretty stale. it has been that way for almost 6 years now with no new changes

See post 15

It was AMGTV before the tower change
Its been on the air for 2 years and I dont see a change coming, I was just trying to make it easier on the other fella......With 11 markets I am surprised AMGTV is still on, guess thats a good thing....

The 2 translators for KQDS are actually analog right now. Whether or not red river actually upgrades all of their analog translators to digital....only they know.

Stand corrected. They have apps with the FCC to flash cut the translators to digital

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)