Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Going to ask anyway.

So can I run this off of one of the lines coming into the house?

In other words. Dish outside. Two lines coming into the house. One living room, and one in the bedroom. Could I bring this splitter into the bedroom and run lines to other room from that?

Not sure I explained it properly. Sorry

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1539111490.508274.jpg

First, what is the origin of the two lines which run into the house?

Another SWiM splitter outside?

But normally you never want to use an 8-way SWiM splitter like that in cascade off another splitter upstream somewhere.

Too much signal loss ..

If it's just to add an additional room always use a 2-way one.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Reactions: edisonprime
Yes there a splitter outside. I’m trying to avoid running wire outside. Would rather run it from inside. The room next another room I want service has a hole already between walls. So no drilling required.

Are you saying I could use a smaller splitter from the room next door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there a splitter outside. I’m trying to avoid running wire outside. Would rather run it from inside. The room next another room I want service has a hole already between walls. So no drilling required.

Are you saying I could use a smaller splitter from the room next door?

Yes, and not just "could" but "should."

Like this one ..

DIRECTV 2-Way Wide Band Satellite Splitter for SWM Systems (SPLIT2MRV) from Solid Signal

Don't use that big 8-way indoors ...

However, while this sounds like a common SWiM installation. What type of receivers do you have and do you know what kind of LNB is mounted on the Dish?

Hr44 and hr24 I’m trying to get rid of the wireless minis. Don’t have the timers to spare so I wanna run my own stuff

The LNB pictured below

IMG_0042.jpg

Ok, no problem with that model LNB ...

Just wanted to make sure you don't exceed the maximum number of tuners the LNB can support ...

Again, just use a 2-way SWiM splitter on that inside line to create a run to the additional room.

Ok, no problem with that model LNB ...

Just wanted to make sure you don't exceed the maximum number of tuners the LNB can support ...

Again, just use a 2-way SWiM splitter on that inside line to create a run to the additional room.

Even though theres a splitter outside? Can I run that line to another receiver?

Even though theres a splitter outside? Can I run that line to another receiver?

Yes, you can place a splitter on one (or even both), of the two coax lines running into your home to create additional lines like to the two separate rooms you wish to.

Although not recommended you could cascade 2 o3 splitters to make a Directv system work.

Keep in mind the reverse band Linn you have does 13 tuners. It’s designed to work with a 2 way feeding (2) 8 way splitters.

If your not using all 8 ports get a smaller splitter. However the 8 way won’t hurt to use it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts